PDA

View Full Version : what a lovely pair

wootty
Friday 6th October 2006, 13:58
at last ive found a pair of V70 rear uppers and had the bulb holders in them too,simple bulb swap and 4 M5 nuts.im well pleased.they are the cleanest part of the car at the moment as it hasnt stopped pi$$ing down for 2 days here.:frown:

dreadly
Friday 6th October 2006, 14:07
at last ive found a pair of V70 rear uppers and had the bulb holders in them too,simple bulb swap and 4 M5 nuts.im well pleased.they are the cleanest part of the car at the moment as it hasnt stopped pi$$ing down for 2 days here.:frown:

Nice, what did it look like before?

wootty
Friday 6th October 2006, 15:42
this

dreadly
Friday 6th October 2006, 16:32
Much nicer. :)

arbee
Friday 6th October 2006, 16:34
nice, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

wootty
Friday 6th October 2006, 16:53
got one off fleabay for £20 and found a breakers that had the offside for £15.ive got no idea how much these are brand new but the ones ive got look almost new anyway.

abdul
Friday 6th October 2006, 17:02
looks much nicer

t5 stealth
Friday 6th October 2006, 20:05
wot was wrong with the old ones

tomtyres
Friday 6th October 2006, 20:16
Here is my humble attempt, red foliatec rear light spray! bit dirty and dull at minute, in need of a polish! (if it ever stops raining???) :splat: http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k157/tomtyres/th_Picture004.jpg

wootty
Friday 6th October 2006, 20:34
think were stuck under the same rain cloud.am i gonna get a chance to clean it tomorrow:cussing:

wootty
Friday 6th October 2006, 20:35
wot was wrong with the old ones
off side had gone creamy and dull so an upgrade was needed

tomtyres
Friday 6th October 2006, 20:36
sposed to be dry and bright all weekend??? (yea right) :bricks:

The Flying Banana
Friday 6th October 2006, 20:57
Wooty , good move, defo difference

Arbee..get yours done man !!!!

wootty
Friday 6th October 2006, 21:03
that pic wernt taken today,its too bloody clean.:rant:

The Flying Banana
Friday 6th October 2006, 21:06
Its clean all the time man !!!! but you're right that wasnt taken today cos it is raining today ... its that wet rain aswell !!! Better be off for the weekend !!!

BlackBeast
Friday 6th October 2006, 21:20
Should have bought a V70 to begin with :)

blondy
Saturday 7th October 2006, 17:28
all four of my rear lamps were dull when i bought it, almost looked like they had been sanded. i lightly went over them with some 600 wet n dry then clear coated them at the same time i painted the side of the car. they came out pretty good.

wootty
Saturday 7th October 2006, 21:46
they would come up ok with a clear coat but i wanted the clear indicator lenses to match the botton units etc.ive still got my originals here so might keep and have a go at laquering.

wootty
Sunday 8th October 2006, 18:27
Its clean all the time man !!!! but you're right that wasnt taken today cos it is raining today ... its that wet rain aswell !!! Better be off for the weekend !!!
just finished a stage 2 and 3 mcquiars on it as the sun was out and looks awesome i think.sorry its a bit dark as run out of daylight,fast.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:00
I spent 5 hours on Saturday washing and polishing mine ready for Sundays Salisbury meet. The weather down here in Bournemouth was lovely.A lot of my neighbours are amazed at how much time i spend cleaning it etc, but then comment on how good it looks to.After working hard at work all week i find polishing it etc relaxes me.:crazy: Am i alone spending 5 hours doing it or is it the norm?.

wootty
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:24
your lucky to get 5 hours mike,i have to dodge 2 youngens while doing mine.the splendours of fatherhood.plus its always best to do the top coat just before the sun sets.used armourall on the plastic trims and theyve come up good too.shame i missed todays meet.perhaps one nearer and id be there.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 19:36
I've got a 3 year old son and a 7 year old daughter but i live in a lovely culdesac where all the neighbours get on and all our kids play outside together, so in a way i was doing two jobs at once.
I use autogylm and meguiars products.Recently i've been selling the trade packs of autogylm and have just used the trade pack called plastic and rubber cleaner 07b.It's bloody brilliant and lasts a lot longer then armorall etc etc.The autogylm retail product is called bumper care and is £4.99 for a small bottle as opposed to only £7.99 for a litre of the 07b.I've used the three step meguiars polishes before,again excellent products but 5 hours is my limit for one car.
By the way Wooty, how's it going with your chrome under bonnet bits?

wootty
Sunday 8th October 2006, 20:12
we'll have to get them together,ive got a 3 year old daughter and a 7 year old one too.they run me bloody ragged 9 days a week.ill have to invest in some of that gear,sounds good.im always looking for better products.ive done a few bits but none have sold apart from battery covers and intercooler clamps.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 8th October 2006, 20:22
Wootty, youv'e got pm.