PDA

View Full Version : t5 and 2.4t(bsr) verdict

GATHY
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:32
my work mates just had his car uprated with the bsr ppc kit
hes got a s60 2.4t same year has mine with no other mods only the bsr

i told him to by a t5 and he reckoned he likes the car hes got as hes had it so long and it never let him down blah blah blah

so ive been out in hes car before and after the pcc and must admit it goes well,very well so i thought id get my car on the job at the same time mine been standard apart from the itg filter

we both floored them under controlled conditions of course and he was pulling away(just) which was abit worrying and it went all the way to my limit of 155mph so for £500 notes i think it was money well spent for the result

also in my opinion the 2.4t is gonna be alot better car to drive in the rain as it seem to have no/hardly turbo lag it just there always spooling and delivers it sweetly

im not talking to him a work i just avoid him now.git

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:54
Which part of the S60 fits into the S70 forum???!!! Please check you are posting nunder the correct section!!

ta

x

adriancole
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:56
I have the bsr ppc thingy on an autobox and it totally transforms the car, esp now as i have a new top mount on the engine....

Pick up from standstill is TOTALLY different, instant spool up and your off.....from 30 if you floor it, there is a little lag though pulls really really strong....floor it from 40 and the wheels just spin....as today on the A40 slip-road at paddington.....trying to overtake a slow line of cars, ended up just spinning wheels.....

From 50 to 90 its pretty insane, leaves most behind....

Only real wet weather i have driven in so far is last week and it was absolutly fine, all a question of throttle restraint.....

Overall a much nicer driving experience adn more instant responce to the throttle compared to standard.....

And of course one can de-tune it any time...

Adrian

GATHY
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 19:02
Which part of the S60 fits into the S70 forum???!!! Please check you are posting nunder the correct section!!

ta

x

move it then i posted in the s series section didnt say s70 or s60 it says s series
slagging my posting section mistake ? posting nunder ? lol:deal:

fraz13
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 19:43
move it then i posted in the s series section didnt say s70 or s60 it says s series
slagging my posting section mistake ? posting nunder ? lol:deal:

It has been moved, I suggest you be careful about the way you post, This kind of behaviour wont be tolerated, Think of this as a warning.....

I would look again.....

The sections are this......

850 series
All 850 models discussion 1993-1996

70 series cars
All S/V/C series cars from 1996-2000 discussion area

Phase 2 models
2000 onwards S60 V70 C70 S80 and XC90models discussion area

There is NO 'S' section......

dreadly
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 19:56
It has been moved, I suggest you be careful about the way you post, This kind of behaviour wont be tolerated, Think of this as a warning.....

I would look again.....

The sections are this......

850 series
All 850 models discussion 1993-1996

70 series cars
All S/V/C series cars from 1996-2000 discussion area

Phase 2 models
2000 onwards S60 V70 C70 S80 and XC90models discussion area

There is NO 'S' section......

Be fair guys, it only changed last night!!! lol.

adriancole
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 20:24
Arrrgghhh.the rebellion nipped in the bud again......:mgshoot:

Long live the resistance....;)

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 20:27
my work mates just had his car uprated with the bsr ppc kit
hes got a s60 2.4t same year has mine with no other mods only the bsr

i told him to by a t5 and he reckoned he likes the car hes got as hes had it so long and it never let him down blah blah blah

so ive been out in hes car before and after the pcc and must admit it goes well,very well so i thought id get my car on the job at the same time mine been standard apart from the itg filter

we both floored them under controlled conditions of course and he was pulling away(just) which was abit worrying and it went all the way to my limit of 155mph so for £500 notes i think it was money well spent for the result

also in my opinion the 2.4t is gonna be alot better car to drive in the rain as it seem to have no/hardly turbo lag it just there always spooling and delivers it sweetly

im not talking to him a work i just avoid him now.git

Yes a tuned 2.4T should indeed be faster than a standard T5. Make sure he uses 98 RON too because those LPT engines are very sensitive to fuel grade, especially when tuned.

Adam.

neevo
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 22:00
Is the bsr ppc kit similar to a Rica remap?

adriancole
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 22:14
yes, though with the bsr you can put on and take off the remap at will......it plugs straight into the OBDII port and downloads the map to your car......

A copy of the cars original ecu is held on the machine, so one can put it back to standard whenever.....and visa versa..

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 22:27
Is the bsr ppc kit similar to a Rica remap?

The process of programming the ECU is similar for both, ie OBDII reflash on the 1999 and later cars. However, the two products are completely different.

Adam.

neevo
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 22:52
Thanks Adrian & Adam. Wasn't too sure, always associated bsr with exhausts for some reason!

adriancole
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 23:00
The process of programming the ECU is similar for both, ie OBDII reflash on the 1999 and later cars. However, the two products are completely different.

Adam.

In what way are they diff out of interest?

From my uninformed perspective, as both products make a volvo go damn fast they appear the be same to all intents of purpose....and when it boils down to it thats all that matters...:)

volvotuning
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 23:27
In what way are they diff out of interest?

From my uninformed perspective, as both products make a volvo go damn fast they appear the be same to all intents of purpose....and when it boils down to it thats all that matters...:)

Analogy time!! :)

A gun and a rope can both be used to execute someone, but the two are totally different!!! However, to the uninformed, they would appear to do the same thing. :tombstone

Lots of things are different! Here are just a few...

1. Mapping - BSR cars will perform differently to RICA cars. Same goes for any tuner who writes their own stuff.

2. With RICA you can get various Volvo software updates at the time of the RICA install. With BSR you install what's in the PPC. Updates (if any are available) are downloadable later.

3. If the car needs a software tweak for performance optimisation, with RICA you can get that done while you wait there and then. With BSR you have to wait normally a few days for such an update.

4. BSR is installable and switchable by the owner. RICA is not (currently).

5. If your car turns into a paperweight during reflash, with RICA this can be recovered while you wait. With BSR, you have to send the ECU to Sweden.

Adam.

adriancole
Thursday 5th October 2006, 08:23
Thank you!!

Vikingxl
Thursday 5th October 2006, 10:32
Made very interesting reading thanks!

GATHY
Thursday 5th October 2006, 19:57
Yes a tuned 2.4T should indeed be faster than a standard T5. Make sure he uses 98 RON too because those LPT engines are very sensitive to fuel grade, especially when tuned.

Adam.

dear adam yes i believe hes had the car from new and always run on good fuel sir

my apologies to the masters of vpcuk for me been so untowards by posting this in the wrong section.when i scrolled down the forums i did not notice the fact that s series cars did not mean every s series and i did not notice the fact of 70s series car above was only a link for the rest of the 70series cars and also i would like to point out that its another warning to my obviously long list of warnings.it goes to show if your not in the chum bracket your not welcome her

at least ive made it to 400 posting before been banned to come back as someone else

tomtyres
Thursday 5th October 2006, 20:04
i must agree with this fella, dont show the wrong colours!!! i bet their pants are in alphabetical order and colour from Auburn to Zebra!!! :)

GATHY
Thursday 5th October 2006, 21:02
i must agree with this fella, dont show the wrong colours!!! i bet their pants are in alphabetical order and colour from Auburn to Zebra!!! :)

at last someone else with there own opinion thank you tomtyres:beer:

Justin
Thursday 5th October 2006, 21:25
Gathy, Your attitude sucks, you posted in the wrong section, not a cardinal sin, there are no "CHUM" groups either. However the correct response would be, my bad, didnt see the changes instead of the chip on the shoulder attitude. I spend on average 30-35 hours a week on the site, alot of this is for this very nature, moving posts and replying to threads like this. Please check where you are posting before you do :)

tomtyres
Thursday 5th October 2006, 21:29
Fair enough i spose! :worried:

Justin
Thursday 5th October 2006, 21:34
Thanks Tom, FYI my underpants are all randomly thrown into a draw that the world is not ready to see :)

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ContentResources/405.$plit/C_17_photogallery_313_list_photo_list_photo_item_1 1_photo.jpg

blackwolf t5
Thursday 5th October 2006, 21:58
Isn't this all becoming a little bit childish!!!!!

tomtyres
Thursday 5th October 2006, 22:02
haha, very sorry 4 my silly comment! (p.s are those 'love-eggs' hanging up with your pants?) :smileypul

GATHY
Thursday 5th October 2006, 22:03

ta

x

sorry but i found this reply offensive hence my comments:B_rant:

tomtyres
Thursday 5th October 2006, 22:08
Potata, potada, tomata, tomada? :Handshake

GATHY
Thursday 5th October 2006, 22:09
Fair enough i spose! :worried:

just sunk in LMAO :doh:

franky
Thursday 5th October 2006, 23:57

i agree, it could have been said in a nicer, more friendly manor!, at the end of the day, its the little peeps coming on here, is wot makes it a good volvo forum, a little more respect would be nice.

Mrsmopp
Friday 6th October 2006, 12:23

Perhaps I should have used a winky smiley for the first sentence as it wasn't meant to be offensive, more of a playful sarcasm so if it was taken the wrong way then I apologise Gathy.

x

BlackBeast
Friday 6th October 2006, 13:14
Group :hug:

GATHY
Friday 6th October 2006, 16:12
group :Handshake :hug:

neevo
Friday 6th October 2006, 16:41
group :Handshake :hug:

No f'ing chance, I've seen you face to face! :yikes:
and the pair of you huggers couldn't link arms around my guts anyway :D