PDA

View Full Version : External Lights Switch

The Saint
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:49
My car had it's MOT the other day and other rthan eplacing the pads on the rear brakes, it sailed through (phew!).

However, I now have a problem with my lights, which I think is related to the switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel which activate them.

By clicking it one position (i.e. to side lights) everything is fine. However, when I then flick it to the second position (i.e. main lights) the headlights come on to main beam, but the dashboard lights go out and the rear lights go out also. If you "push" the button in, everything comes on and is okay.

For the time being, I've wedged a couple of cocktail sticks in to keep it pushed down, but does anyone know if it's simply a new light switch, or something more sinister???

t5owner
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:58
There was a volvo recall on the switches but it only affected a certain amount of vehicles

Best ring a main steeler and ask for details then if it needs to be done i beleive it`s an FOC replacement

Cheers

stuart

fraz13
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:07
Does sound like the switch if when you move it the lights do what they do....

If your car isnt affected with the recall mentioned above then call Salvo or theres a few members breaking cars at the moment

Vikingxl
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:24
Ive had two switches go and i know of a few others that have gone as well.The plastic is quite brittle and the spring in the switch it quite powerful.