PDA

View Full Version : Damned OBDII and Lambda light !

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 09:01
Last week, was working on the car , was having a poke round engine bay at hoses, cables etc and thought the MAF connection wasnt sitting right ( it was !!) so i quickly unplugged it and put it back to make sure ............... unfortunately i did this whilst it was running :slap: and its thrown the light up ! I disconected the battery all night but its still there , I take it this only works on some cars .. any other suggestions?

fraz13
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 09:21
That should a done the job Scotty, What about yer wee wire thingy that reads the codes? Is it deffo the MAF?

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 09:58
This 850R doesnt have the fly lead and diagnostic unit behind the headlight, it has the PC port under the coin tray inside ..battery has been off for 15 hours ..no joy !!!!!

Andrew
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 09:59
Think you'll need to get the codes cleared for it to go off. Anyone close to you got a reader etc ? If not one could be posted.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 10:03
Think thats the way to go AC , was just trying a quick fix, will give the garage a tinkle !

Cheers

pzorb
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 12:56
You can make one yourself if you have a few wires around. It'll do everything but reset the service light.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 14:09
I am sure pzorb there is more than me curious at this answer!!! LOL:rolleyes:

thunderace
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:08
You can make one yourself if you have a few wires around. It'll do everything but reset the service light.

ok spill the beans.... :)

pzorb
Thursday 5th October 2006, 13:56
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8307&highlight=diy+obd2 :)

Do read the original link I put on there at the end, as it seems my summarised instructions are a bit too summarised.