PDA

View Full Version : ZX1 - any good?

Russell
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 19:32
Three people have now praised a product called ZX1, put it in the engine to coat the metal.
Does anyone have any experience of this? was even told it would improve the mpg as things would be running smoother.

Ross9
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:46
Apparently very good, guy I know that works at the engineer place we use recommends it, uses it in his subaru type R etc, prone to big end failure these cars thats why he uses it regularly, he has seen videos of engines running on just zx1 and NO oil, but never had the bottle to actually test if this did work or not lol. Either way comes highly recommended, I used it in my subaru as well with no problems (though I only had it 6 months)

Apparently originally designed, albeit in a more basic form, years ago for WW2 planes, so if they got shot in the sump the engines still ran.

Ross

dicky b t5
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 21:12
Three people have now praised a product called ZX1, put it in the engine to coat the metal.
Does anyone have any experience of this? was even told it would improve the mpg as things would be running smoother.

Who makes it then and where do we buy it....Sounds good stuff.:wiggle:

Russell
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 21:39
I got some from halfords, the website is www.team-zx1.com
I liked the bit about cold start protection as work is a bit too close :P

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 22:17
I use to stock it years ago. Was very impressed with the demonstration by the rep which involved two steal ball bearings, one coated in the zx1 and the other with nothing.Both were then compressed in a moving vice.The one without zx1 stopped almost immediatly, the one with it just kept on going round even under severe pressure.
Reason i dont sell it anymore is mainly most modern semi synthetic and fully synthetic oils do the same thing (in my opinion).The selling price of around £25 if i remember correctly made it rather an expensive extra purchase on top of the oil.
If you can get it at a good price then go for it.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 23:01
Exactly, just get a good fully synthetic oil and theres no need to use this stuff.

grumpybob
Thursday 5th October 2006, 12:45
Also seen the demo and was impressed with the steel bearing test.

Cheapest place to buy it is QVC as the normally offer a deal that is way better than Halfrauds.

oilman
Thursday 12th October 2006, 21:36
Don't bother.

Again I have analysis and all I would say is don't waste your money, spend the extra on a decent oil.

I have as yet not found one of these magic addatives that actually gives as many benefits as a decent oil. The oil companies do not blend or sell them although they have the technology.

Cheers
Simon