PDA

View Full Version : Garage - Guildford/Godalming

HuskMan
Monday 11th April 2005, 15:58
My Lambda light came on whilst in the M25 roadworks this morning and I need to get it checked.

But I am an alien in a foreign land - Surrey. Does anyone know a garage that is worth its salt in the Godalming/Guidford area?

If not, is it possible to drive the 150 miles home with the light on?

It seems to acquired a slight misfire (very slight) especially at about 3000 rpm.

Thanks

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th April 2005, 16:15
You should be fine, just don't go mad. Get the codes read. It is not possible to tell what the problem is until the codes point you in the right direction.

Usually these things are faulty sensors or an airleak - allowing unmetered air into the system.

Let us know what you find.

nikgallagher
Monday 11th April 2005, 17:05
Does anyone know a garage that is worth its salt in the Godalming/Guidford area? Thanks

If you're stuck, there is Lancasters Volvo in Pirbright:

Lancaster Guildford
Guildford Road
Pirbright
Surrey
GU24 0DA
Tel: 01483 474567

Or Squire Furneax in Leatherhead:

Squire Furneax
7 Barnet Wood Lane
Leatherhead
Surrey
KT22 7DL
Tel: 01372 378433

Both should be within distance of you in Guildford. If you're really stuck and anywhere near Sutton, just up the A3 from there, pm Wobbly Dave for my mobile (i'm leaving work now so won't be checking here again till tomorrow) and i'll have a look for you - I have just sorted my lambda light out.

Nik

HuskMan
Monday 11th April 2005, 18:50
Thanks guys.

I am stuck in Godalming until Thursday afternoon so I'll try to pop over to one of the garages mentioned.

However, if you're passing down the A3 then I'd appreciate a quick experienced look under the bonnet. But don't worry.

If I decide to go home with the light on I will use Lance's recommendation of DP's in Lenton.

rich850t5
Monday 11th April 2005, 18:50
I have been given a phone number by the guys at g+s feltham the #is 07775 927027 the mans name is NICK FRANCIS,Nick is ex tamplins (twickenham) he has 34 yrs experience with volvo's ive not used him myself yet but he has given me some great advice he works for himself now and his prices are very good.I know this look's like an advert for him but personally i prefer to use a local guy as to the expensive dealer's(not drugs)hope this helps anyone in surrey area. ps he is sorting my a/c next week pps he is based in hampton and i do have his home no just didn't want to post it on here

nikgallagher
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:24
I am stuck in Godalming until Thursday afternoon so I'll try to pop over to one of the garages mentioned.
However, if you're passing down the A3 then I'd appreciate a quick experienced look under the bonnet. But don't worry.

Wherabouts in Godalming are you? I will passing there today about 1700hrs if you are around? Will gladly have a look, but I don't have a code reader. I work in Cove, near Farnborough, and there is an independant up here that I have heard good things about. I'm sure he will read your codes for some beer tokens if you ask nicely...

ACC UK Ltd
Workshop: Units 1-2,
Arrow Industrial Estate,
Eelmore Road,
Farnborough
GU14 7QH

Tel: 01252 370701

http://www.accukltd.co.uk

Also, have a look at the vacuum hose thread in the 'how to' section. My lambda light was on because the hose elbow going in to the left of the inlet manifold had perished. This seems to be a common problem on these cars. There are also loads of threads that talk about this procedure if you search the forums. PM me if you need any more info or help.