PDA

View Full Version : V70 aerial

anogg3
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 14:41
Does any one know what the aerial amp looks like on a p2 V70? Looked in book and it says its behind panel in boot right hand side. Looked there and there is a wire with nothing on it. Dont know if thats where the amp should be or not. Radio wont tune properly so either its knackered or just plain missing! It was a plod car so it might not be there. Any help would be great
Thanks Andy

T-5ones
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 18:48
Sounds like youve got it sussed i'm affraid. It is in back right (drivers side) panel at floor level, when panel removed. Mine is green, about 3"x4" and about 1/2" deep secured to an aluminium mount which is bolted to the bodywork on the cabin side facing into the hole you are looking into. Hard to decribe without pics.

Tim

anogg3
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 19:00
Oh bum! Thought it might be missing! There is nothing like that in there! So next question, anyone got one?

poochingaround
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 19:26
Mines ex plod fitted without unit .What stereo are you fitting?If not Volvo just splice both cables into one to make one aerial adaptor

anogg3
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 21:05
Its a sony stereo got the wires up the head unit end sorted its just there is no amp for aerial so tuning is rubbish. The aerial is in the rear bumper but i dont think it is connected at all. As it seems there is not a lot i can do about it i will get another after market aerial for it.

Blewis
Thursday 12th October 2006, 08:49
Hmm, and it's a P2 yeah?

My aerial amp is on the passenger side, under the rear roof panel..

Basically, open boot, go for passenger side roof cover remove torx bolt, pop off cover and there is a small metal box with a few wires coming out of it which connect to the window wires (which as I understand it are the aerials)

It's there as standard on P2 Plods AFAIK, I don't know where it picks it's power from though.