PDA

View Full Version : How many lambda's???

gillespie
Monday 2nd October 2006, 23:47
A good question for you guys, I have had my engine check light on now for a few weeks and performance is getting slower so decided to get the stealer to check the codes, came up as maf, interim fueling and idle fueling, so paid £225 for a new maf, got ecu reset and 10 miles later the light came on again. I am going to fit a new lambda sensor now, volvo parts and all motor factors say there should be 2 sensors on my cat, i only have one although there is 2 lambda plugs on my wiring loom but only one is used, it has went fine for a long time with only one so the question is should it have 2?? car is a 98 S70R pre ME7 manual with good vacum pipes

rs_andy
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 22:51
I think it's the ME7 cars that have two lambda sensors, pre ME7 should only have one.

Of course manufacturers put all the plugs they might need on the one loom to save money dsigning forty different looms.

fraz13
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 23:51
Mines has 2 mate, 1 infront of the cat and 1 half way down it, its the same car as yours so should be the same exhaust I would think....

BlackBeast
Thursday 5th October 2006, 00:14
Mine has 2 aswell, and its a pre me7.

gillespie
Tuesday 10th October 2006, 22:27
Mines has 2 mate, 1 infront of the cat and 1 half way down it, its the same car as yours so should be the same exhaust I would think....

Thats what i thought its just strange that it was going fine with one for at least a year as that is how i bought it and only getting worse just now, maybe im just getting use to it