PDA

View Full Version : Got My 850 T5!

Rob_ioClean
Monday 2nd October 2006, 21:26
hey everyone, got my T5 yesterday!

Wow its quick!!!!

at the mo i have some slight problems, one the boost gauge doesnt work? I think the turbo is working cause the car feels like a racing car!

and the MAF sensor has gone (the old owner drop it on the floor apprantly) i have unpluged this and the car is perforuming ok.

and tips ect welcome!

Tomcat
Monday 2nd October 2006, 21:50
If you've unplugged it is it still running ok?, no warning lights?. You'll need to get it replaced as it wont be running like it should without it, it will probably be running rich too(although I may be corrected). Glad your enjoying it!!!

Rob_ioClean
Monday 2nd October 2006, 21:51
well the engine mangement light is on, if i plug the MAF in it gets on moody lol! when its out it ok not brilliant

Tomcat
Monday 2nd October 2006, 21:55
I think a brand new MAF from a dealer will set you back around £120, you can usually pick one up from a breakers for about £50-£60

tomtyres
Monday 2nd October 2006, 21:57
wahay, i remember when i swapped my old 850 2.5 10v auto for my new 850 t-5, like stepping out of a snail shell, into a firework!!! good stuff! :)

Rob_ioClean
Monday 2nd October 2006, 21:57
Niles said he might have one for me for a price, i hoping he has! what about the boost gauge?

Tomcat
Monday 2nd October 2006, 22:00
Whip the top of the dash off and see if the pipes still plugged into the back of the clocks. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find instructions telling you how to get the dash top off, also check the vacuum connections just in front of the throttle cover. Make sure they're all still connected and there are no splits/breaks

Rob_ioClean
Monday 2nd October 2006, 22:11
Thanks!