PDA

View Full Version : Damm alarm

oblark
Sunday 1st October 2006, 20:06
Hi,

Can someone tell me why when it rains hard the alarm goes off ????

There are no leaks on the door rubbers.

dafinchie
Sunday 1st October 2006, 21:29
Can't tell you why but mine does it as well. I just thought it was something to do with the glass break sensor.

dicky b t5
Sunday 1st October 2006, 21:37
Can't tell you why but mine does it as well. I just thought it was something to do with the glass break sensor.
Could well be, I've set mine off before with the Hosepipe on my old 850.

You could disconect them and wait for the next downpour....?lol:shifty:

T-5ones
Sunday 1st October 2006, 21:43
Bonnet alarm sensor? Maybe the bonnet staple moves around in the bonnet catch? Just a thought.

I Know how hellish alarm problems are. Do a search as there was a thread a while ago which might have some ideas for you to look into.

Dacvolvo
Sunday 1st October 2006, 22:39
Hmm - Mine goes off whenever I pour a bucket of water on my roof. Where's the glass sensor unit in the car and is there a way to turn the sensitivity down?

oblark
Monday 2nd October 2006, 18:33
Hi,

Got tired of getting up in the early hours to stop the alarm so I`ve now disconnected the alarm horn.

Andrew
Monday 2nd October 2006, 18:47
Have you got anything in the coin tray in front of the gear stick? I've heard there is something odd about 850s that when coins or other things are in here it sets the alarm off regularly???

Of course it may only just be the glass sensors if it only happens when it rains hard - try disconnecting them.

Dacvolvo
Monday 2nd October 2006, 19:30
Of course it may only just be the glass sensors if it only happens when it rains hard - try disconnecting them.
How do I do that?

The Flying Banana
Monday 2nd October 2006, 19:32
follow the wire from the glass break sensor on the drivers a pillar to its location under the dash and it simply pulls out of the alarm control box

T5ER
Monday 2nd October 2006, 19:32
Hmm - Mine goes off whenever I pour a bucket of water on my roof. Where's the glass sensor unit in the car and is there a way to turn the sensitivity down?
glass sensor on a 850 is near the dashboard on the pillar looks like a alarm reciever