PDA

View Full Version : Euro Sport Tuning Have IC Reverse Pipes

Bracer
Monday 11th April 2005, 11:32
http://www.eurosporttuning.com/images/EST_reverse_hose_kit_02.jpg

Replace those tired rubber hoses and regain boost pressure with our EST Reverse Intercooler Piping Kit. Factory rubber hoses can expand and collapse under high boost levels causing slow throttle response. The EST RIP Kit provides a unique opportunity to upgrade your engine’s hoses to satisfy both performance and looks.

The kit includes polished stainless steel piping and T-bolt clamps, silicone hoses (except for the hose leading to the idle control valve). The kit is available with blue, red or black silicone hoses. Silicone is the choice of top racing teams around the world because they are more heat and oil resistant than rubber hoses.

The EST RIP Kit also shortens the distance that air has to travel from the turbo to the manifold by routing the piping from the turbo to the top of the intercooler then from the bottom of the intercooler to the throttle body instead of running pipe from the turbo to the bottom of the intercooler and then from the top back down to the throttle body. The result? Quicker response time: the air has less distance to travel before entering the motor. Our hoses and stainless steel piping are slightly larger in diameter to increase flow for those cars running at higher boost levels. The kit is easy to install and can be done by the do-it-yourselfer with common hand tools. Includes all necessary hardware and detailed instructions. This hose kit is designed to perform under pressure!

http://www.eurosporttuning.com/images/EST_reverse_hose_kit_05.jpg

Prices are $379.95 or £202.45

siamblue
Monday 11th April 2005, 11:42
Not a bad looking kit for people that cannot make them themselves,But it's all a bit bling to my eyes :eye-poppi,

jp850R
Monday 11th April 2005, 18:28
Looks very nice, does it help performance at all?

rich850t5
Monday 11th April 2005, 18:59
WOW as a big star once said "I'VE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THESE"!!!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th April 2005, 22:23
Once you take this on (not from a performance perspective) you'll have to start polishing the rocker cover, fuel rail + Cover and intake manifold - as per pic wouldn't you say? :nutkick:

rich850t5
Monday 11th April 2005, 23:07
Once you take this on (not from a performance perspective) you'll have to start polishing the rocker cover, fuel rail + Cover and intake manifold - as per pic wouldn't you say? :nutkick:Oh most definately my good man! although at avon yours appeared to be lacking a bit of shine one needs to get the autosol out LOL :hidesbehi

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th April 2005, 23:18
Cheeky!! LOL

(thinks "Can I edit the post without peeps noticing?")

rich850t5
Monday 11th April 2005, 23:22
Cheeky!! LOL

(thinks "Can I edit the post without peeps noticing?")Not a chance Davey boy! :dgrin: :haha:

glock19
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 00:16
It's a bit pricey, don't ya'll think ? And can that be correlated to the (alleged) performance gain ?

rich850t5
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 00:19
It's a bit pricey, don't ya'll think ? And can that be correlated to the (alleged) performance gain ?Shiny stuff over dull black stuff any day of the week!

After_Shock
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 00:27
Eurosport are a good company, got most of my stuff for the C70 from them.

I wouldnt say its a bad price looking at the pipes!

jross
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:04
I just wanted to point out there's a group-buy for these over on Volvospeed.com, $319 (USD) a set

Ian C70T5
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:10
I WANT SOME, I WANT I WANT..

Shiny under bonnet doesnt scare me

This was my last engine bay, so no worries with polishing
http://81.104.216.100/phpBB/albums/1686.jpg

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:28
I just wanted to point out there's a group-buy for these over on Volvospeed.com, $319 (USD) a set

Didn't see that but maybe if enough of us are interested it might be a good idea jumping on the wagon :bounce:

Ian C70T5
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:42
Didn't see that but maybe if enough of us are interested it might be a good idea jumping on the wagon :bounce:

I'm interested.. i do wonder however how much shipping would be as i think its from Canada, also would the nasty Tax man intercept it and at a chunk onto the price? :tank:

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:49
I'm interested.. i do wonder however how much shipping would be as i think its from Canada, also would the nasty Tax man intercept it and at a chunk onto the price? :tank:

Right well if peeps let me know I will approach the guys accross the pond to see what deal can be struck and if gift wrapping can be arranged (Gifts cant be TAX'd :shifty: )

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:50
So here is the running list:

1) Bracer
2) Ian C70T5
3) .............

lil_me
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:38
Nice find , just what I emailed you about a while back :bounce:

Definately interested if you find out final cost first with shipping etc I'll have mine with a ribbon and a bow if the tax man keeps off them :biggrin:

Is their an atmospheric DV take of on the pipes ?

Marsha :wiggle:

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:45
Nice find , just what I emailed you about a while back :bounce:

Definately interested if you find out final cost first with shipping etc I'll have mine with a ribbon and a bow if the tax man keeps off them :biggrin:

Is their an atmospheric DV take of on the pipes ?

No but it could be easily added :doctor:

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:45
1) Bracer
2) Ian C70T5
3) lil_me
4) .............

lil_me
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:48
:wink: No probs just would have made it a teensy bit easier

Let me know when you get prices etc you have my email addy

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 10:23
Right I've posted on Volvospeed and contacted EST direct to see whats the crack.

If those that are already on the list could also let me know what colour hoses they want too that would be great.

Steve

Al115
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 12:34
I don't suppose this will fit ME7 '70s?....

Here's hoping. :bounce:

Alastair

grumpybob
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 12:37
Hi

I'm interested - hoses in black

Rob

SaffronC70
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 20:19
I contacted EST, and they will be developing ME7 kits in the future.

Frank Derks also siad that he can arrange bulk buys and group discounts ! Bracer, mention Volvot5.co.uk to him.

Chris

Redbrick
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 21:35
Looks very nice...

What are the proven gains in running Reverse pipes?

It does mean it frees up some room for me to reinstall my BMC CDA closer to the front of the engine bay. I think I must have a death wish as I did such a rush job of fitting it last time that we think it caused me to bend rods due to a induction leak. :cussing:

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/data/3027/medium/293AQA0023.jpg

How much are we talking with red silicone pipes?

mulletboy2
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 21:46
If you guys want to go all bling-bling shiney-shiney, you might like to take a look here too - all manner of cable conduit/etc... for sprucing up the engine bay (Dave - this is the site I mentioned lastnight mate) - www.cableorganizer.com

If anyone decides to order anything, perhaps we could get a group buy together? The probably won't offer much discount, but tbh, the stuff is cheap as chips anyway.. what'll cost is the shipping.

P.S - I'd be interested in hearing about performance gains of these, and depending on availability of funds, may get a set.

Oh, Bracer - there's no import duty on gifts, but they are VAT-able, as I found out to my distinct wallet stinging fury :(

lil_me
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:13
Don't know if you want to look into this one, or for that matter if you can convert the site from swedish but http://www.europeantuning.com/shop_nl.htm

they have a kit for what works out at about £180 and I don't think you have to pay import tax etc on deliveries from EU

Colours- Do they do pink :saythat:

Nah blue will do fine :D

All depends on cost inc importing etc as I said but will be interested at the right price

Bracer
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 09:40
Just got a reply from Frank @ EST

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting EuroSport Tuning with your Volvo parts inquiry.
You can still order our EST RIP Kit at the group buy price until the April
15. If a bunch of you in the UK would like to order the kit we can ship a
bunch of them to one address so save on shipping cost. Let me know how many
orders you would have and I can work on a shipping price. If we shipped
them individually the price would be approximately $180 USD for air freight.
We can mark the item as a gift as well. If you have any further questions
please let me know.

Regards,
Frank Derks
EuroSport Tuning

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Bracer
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 09:41
Don't know if you want to look into this one, or for that matter if you can convert the site from swedish but http://www.europeantuning.com/shop_nl.htm

they have a kit for what works out at about £180 and I don't think you have to pay import tax etc on deliveries from EU

Colours- Do they do pink :saythat:

Nah blue will do fine :D

All depends on cost inc importing etc as I said but will be interested at the right price

This looks a great alternative if the EST one is a bit on the pricey side for peeps.

Bracer
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 09:42
Looks very nice...

What are the proven gains in running Reverse pipes?

It does mean it frees up some room for me to reinstall my BMC CDA closer to the front of the engine bay. I think I must have a death wish as I did such a rush job of fitting it last time that we think it caused me to bend rods due to a induction leak. :cussing:

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/data/3027/medium/293AQA0023.jpg

How much are we talking with red silicone pipes?

If you dont want to risk fitting the CDA again I'll buy it off ya.

lil_me
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 11:58
To be honest if it does the same job, I'm not really interested that highly in the bling bling, would be nice but also cost = more important factor , might get more interest in a group buy if they are cheaper

Ian C70T5
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 12:24
How many people do we have interested?

glock19
Thursday 14th April 2005, 00:29
For those who are keen in fixing a BOV, why not ask the maker to have the opening done on the top pipe with a port & mounting flange ready ? It could be chromed as the rest and if this option is not used, then a blanking plate (chromed) is mounted over the port. It'll look great coming from the maker instead of future DIY mods.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 14th April 2005, 02:27
Looks like a group buy maybe in the pipeline...

Bracer,
Is there any chance you can clarify the Pricing as I noticed on one post it was $180 (USD) then in the next post it was £180.....$180USD is only about £100-£110 which is a much better price.....

Also Are they willing to do a stepped discount if we get more people to buy.....
E.G
1 Buyer - £180
2-5 Buyers - -10% Discount
5-10 Buyers - -15% Discount..and so on...????

You can certainly add me to the list and I would be willing to pay up front as long as final price has been clarified as I don't really want suprises.....