PDA

View Full Version : Powerflow Exhaust Fitted!

Simon
Thursday 28th September 2006, 15:48
Looks wicked! :biggrin:

and my Pipercross Induction Kit!

Andrew
Thursday 28th September 2006, 15:49
Not sure about the intake but the exhaust looks tops.

Simon
Thursday 28th September 2006, 15:52
Cheers Andrew!

The intake sounds fantastic, it makes a great noise when the car dumps the boost :biggrin: and you can just about hear the Turbo whistling now as well!

Rnash2002
Thursday 28th September 2006, 15:59
The tail pipes look ace mate :)

elliot
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:03
Cheers Andrew!

The intake sounds fantastic, it makes a great noise when the car dumps the boost :biggrin: and you can just about hear the Turbo whistling now as well!

That noise will wear thin after a while hehe!They exhaust looks great.Did you notice much improvement in performance?Whats the pipe dia?

Andy
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:04
The pipes look cool but ooooohhhhh the hot air into that filter!! :(

Simon
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:09
TBH I think the throttle reponse has got better since I fitted the Induction Kit. By taking the airbox out it leaves a gaping big hole down to the road, so there is loads more air getting in and the snorkel on the standard airbox is tiny.

Simon
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:11
That noise will wear thin after a while hehe!They exhaust looks great.Did you notice much improvement in performance?Whats the pipe dia?

The noise isn't that loud, it's nice but subtle. :biggrin:

Only done about 5 miles in it, so I will let you know. Can't imagine it is going to make any noticeable difference. It's 2.5" CAT back system.

Andy
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:15
The noise isn't that loud, it's nice but subtle. :biggrin:

TBH I think the throttle reponse has got better since I fitted the Induction Kit. By taking the airbox out it leaves a gaping big hole down to the road, so there is loads more air getting in and the snorkel on the standard airbox is tiny.

Air doesn't primarily come into the engine bay from underneath though... The Cold air is pushed into the engine bay from the front (obviously) which is why Volvo fitted an intake pipe there (no matter how big it is).

I'm not trying to criticise your work its each to there own but i've always wondered about Induction kits. Yeah they sound great and give a bit extra throttle response but its surely open to more hot air which is being swirled around the engine bay rather than a direct jet of coolish air into the air box.

Who knows, i'm no scientist lol.

Andy

p.s. Still stands... the exhaust looks wicked :D

Straker
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:20
I'm not gay or anything but nice pipes, woof!

:biggrin:

Baj
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:38
Ignore the naysayers :)

GATHY
Thursday 28th September 2006, 16:53
nice motor but i think the bootspoilers letting it down now you need the touring car one on.

so you might aswell sell me yours :Handshake

Montana
Thursday 28th September 2006, 17:00
Nice!

Simon, I have the same pipercross air filter, i did not oil mine though!! I get the same whoosh when I release the throttle

I also had a powerflow custom exhaust fitted and am thinking about having the volume increased (slightly).

To solve the cold air problem I'm considering building a custom induction housing sealing the air filter (see below link) after repositioning & replacing the stock battery:

http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/tech_diycai.html

Simon
Thursday 28th September 2006, 17:30
Thanks and nice job on the intake!

Neilly
Thursday 28th September 2006, 21:52
I think the powerflow looks the dog's......and am now thinking about one for ma S40 soon