PDA

View Full Version : rica upgrade and mpg question

nicky y
Thursday 28th September 2006, 13:06
Hi all,

Having jsut bought an s60 d5 185 (now 226bhp) courtesy of rica i am amazed to hear stories of people getting fansastic mpg figures.

Ok i drive pretty hard and currently average about 1000 miles a week but i am averaging 39mpg!!!!, even on gentle run it onloy gets me to the quoted 45 (or there abouts).

i thought it was a win win with a rica upgrade..... more power, les fuel.... i just have the more power part, still.......must'nt grumble!!!!

can any other d5 owners let me know what they get

cheers:Handshake

volvotuning
Thursday 28th September 2006, 13:36
Hi all,

Having jsut bought an s60 d5 185 (now 226bhp) courtesy of rica i am amazed to hear stories of people getting fansastic mpg figures.

Ok i drive pretty hard and currently average about 1000 miles a week but i am averaging 39mpg!!!!, even on gentle run it onloy gets me to the quoted 45 (or there abouts).

i thought it was a win win with a rica upgrade..... more power, les fuel.... i just have the more power part, still.......must'nt grumble!!!!

RICA quote an average improvement of approx 5%. Most people get a fair bit more, but not always. I get an average of 44 mpg (Euro 3) which is mainly town driving with a "to-and-from-work" blast down the motorway (1 juntion).

Adam.

S60D5
Thursday 28th September 2006, 17:23

Seems to have got better by about 10% since the remap - but its too early to really give any accurate indications yet.

Most of my driving is reasonably short trips sub 10 miles and if I don't do any motorway work I seem to get about 45-50mpg (before remap).

If I'm ultra careful on the motorway I can see 70-80mpg (with remap), but if I'm not driving for economy its usually around the 60mpg mark.

nez
Friday 6th October 2006, 09:52
I get around 25mpg with my normal driving style, which can be a bit fast.
On a longer fast A road or motorway run its up to 32ish or more, if I keep it to national speed limit..
Thats on my P2 T5 with a 19T upgrade/RICA'd, so I would say it does make the MPG better.
I would only get 19 or 20 mpg on my old 97 T5 as standard.

volvotuning
Friday 6th October 2006, 10:00
Seems to have got better by about 10% since the remap - but its too early to really give any accurate indications yet.

Most of my driving is reasonably short trips sub 10 miles and if I don't do any motorway work I seem to get about 45-50mpg (before remap).

If I'm ultra careful on the motorway I can see 70-80mpg (with remap), but if I'm not driving for economy its usually around the 60mpg mark.

Have you filled up yet since you came up for the upgrade?

Adam.

agr
Friday 6th October 2006, 10:18
I average between 39 to 42.5 I too have a very heavy right foot, thats also with a rica upgrade. if i ever saw 70 - 80mpg i'd faint!! Also getting through tyres like nothing else!