PDA

View Full Version : New mods to come

mavv
Thursday 28th September 2006, 04:59
Got a K and N ind kit, should be here today...Any opinions on them on a S40 T4, good,bad stories.

Also got a dump valve to go on..Getting a pipe made up the now for the t piece so should be on in next week or so...

Just looking for opinions really ppl...

arbee
Thursday 28th September 2006, 07:08
some will say...

K+N
+ve: noise!, -ve may not be as effictive as your airbox and could eat MAF sensors

Dump valve
+ve: noise (if thats your thing), -ve: noise (if not your thing), and may give a jerkier throttle response

mavv
Thursday 28th September 2006, 07:16
cheers mate..

Tell me more about the KN making it go through maf sensors?
I was going to try and retro fit it in the original box somehow to get it some heat protection??

On the DV, Jerkier throttle response? hows that? Personally i though it would be smoother.
cheers for reply......
Want as many opinions as possible...

LeeVTi
Saturday 30th September 2006, 18:47
what DV are you getting is it the forge 1 or a kit u r putting together ur self? if so where are u getting the recirc valve blanking plate from, u could go for the baily DV36 "evo" (twin piston) which is nice and loud if thats what your after

volvotuning
Saturday 30th September 2006, 19:01
cheers mate..

I was going to try and retro fit it in the original box somehow to get it some heat protection??

If you're doing that, you're far better off going for a cone filter with an enclosed airbox already made for it. Plenty of choices, so just do a search.

Adam.

LeeVTi
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 01:34
yep anything like the pipercross viper kit or the bmc carbon intake boxes would do the trick

Vikingxl
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 08:14
So is it done yet and are you happy with the results?

mavv
Friday 6th October 2006, 05:11
Ind kit fitted yesterday..Love the noise.......No ill effects driving but it hasn't been long...The noise really surprised me....Sounds like I have a atmospheric DV already with it on..The bottom part of airbox left in tack but top removed..might mod it..Also where the feck to put the cold air feed..there is no space unless i try and hang it from front bumper but I would rather it wasn't on show like that...??

DV is getting fitted Friday morning.. I'm sure it's a Bailey dump valve that I am getting really cheap and the guy I am getting it off has made a t-piece etc etc..

I said to him about the Recirc valve but he said to leave it as it quietens the atmos DV down a wee bit as I don't want it extra loud.

Pics at weekend..

Also looking at booking it in to get a remap..RStuning in leads are quoting £245 all in for +35bhp approx..Bit of a drive but better than £550 fae dastek..

What about Rica? good results? costs? Is it a chip or a straigh rempa of the ECU..where are they based?

mavv
Saturday 7th October 2006, 01:31
Dump valve fitted today..I must say it sounds awesome, not too loud but not too quiet that you can't hear it....Loving it so far.....

Still got to get cold air feed fitted for Ind kit where? in the T4 engine????Can't see anywhere to put it except right under car.

Pics to come.

LeeVTi
Saturday 7th October 2006, 02:43
mavv did you end up leaving the recirc valve in? so you are running the recirc and atmos valves together? would be nice to here what it sound like with both on, and any idea what model the DV is if its a bailey, thanks lee

Neilly
Saturday 7th October 2006, 11:03
What about Rica? good results? costs? Is it a chip or a straigh rempa of the ECU..where are they based?[/QUOTE]

Sure they are based just south off Birningham m8

mavv
Sunday 8th October 2006, 13:42
cheers Neilly

Lee yeah left both in and sounds good I reckon, not too loud if you get me just a nice volume...

Unsure of the model as I got it 2nd hand mate...

pics in other post..