PDA

View Full Version : Moving a seat

garyk
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 17:06
OK so I got my C70 and have a few niggles. Most of which I can live with it except the drivers electric seat doesnt work (couldnt be the passenger one now could it!) and is about six inches too far forward. Is there anyway I can move it back manually?

Thanks

Gary

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 17:52
OK so I got my C70 and have a few niggles. Most of which I can live with it except the drivers electric seat doesnt work (couldnt be the passenger one now could it!) and is about six inches too far forward. Is there anyway I can move it back manually?

Thanks

Gary
What about using the motors from the passenger side?

garyk
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 19:30
Thanks dac I just wondered if there was quick fix until I get it properly checked out, I dont know for sure if its the motor, is there a way I can check?

Andrew
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 19:36
Check the fuses - mine went and it was a quick fix. Your owners manual will tell you if you can move it forward manually. I suspect not.

garyk
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 20:32
Yes Andrew, first thing I did unfortunately not! Will scan the manual to see if that sheds any light on it.

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 20:52
What's the symptoms, Gary? When you press any of the buttons, can you hear a faint ticking coming from the black box under the seat? If not, there's no power going to the seat. But if there IS a faint clicking - I had the same problem last week:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t13908-fixed-my-electric-seat-this-afternoon.html

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 22:48
I have a manual chair for the drivers side in grey leather should you need it

SaffronC70
Thursday 28th September 2006, 08:27
Have a look underneath the seat and see if the cables hasn't fallen out.

Chris

garyk
Thursday 28th September 2006, 12:17
Thanks guys, not a sound coming from the seat, checked the cables everything is plugged in, I might just unplug everything and try again just to make sure.

Your c70 looks well mean! Just saw the photo's on your site, recognised power engineering used to take my old STI V2 there to be serviced.

Gary

SaffronC70
Thursday 28th September 2006, 12:26
Cheers Gary

Good luck with the seat - you could test for power (not sure how good you are with electrics) with a multimeter.

Power Engineering are a good bunch.

Chris

Andrew
Thursday 28th September 2006, 12:31
I understand there may be an inline fuse somewhere - try and trace the power cables into the chair.

Adge
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 15:03
See thread on stuck electric seat. May be the answer.

Astro
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 15:06
see here

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12287&page=2

Astro
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 15:12
I think an article HOW TO, would be great, many VLV drivers have the same problem.
;)

banjostu
Friday 27th October 2006, 19:24
sit in the back and look at the bottom right hand side of your seat in the gap between the leather can you see a spring hanging down? if so the lever that it is attached to push that down and then move your seat at the same time HTH

Adge
Wednesday 15th November 2006, 15:07
I've posted a "How to" to keep switch engaged and avoid using 2 hands to move the seat in the event of the detached spring.