PDA

View Full Version : changing front wheel bearing - part help please

Jaseb77
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 14:52
Hi All

I Need to replace the drivers side wheel bearing on my C70.

Having looked up the part on euro car parts they list 2?

Also PFS only list a hub & Bearing

Is the part require a hub and bearing assembly together ?

any help appreciated please

__

t5owner
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 15:53
Hub and bearing are one and the same you can`t get them seperate as they come as a sealed for life unit

Cheers

stuart

CAMO
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 16:02
Yes as per last comment, just done mine, and it is the complete unit, but not that difficult to do. All the best Camo!

Jaseb77
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 16:09
They list two available

5 stud for S/C70 to 98

13.65mm Large
13.46 mm Thin

any ideas . whats correct or anyone know the volvo part no

big difference in price

welshboy
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 17:35
Hope you find out mate. I also need to do my passenger side on my C70. Like you said in Euro car parts they list 2. Not quite sure either which one it is.

Sounds like a easy job.

tony

Jaseb77
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 19:03
Thanks guys,

I think i'll get it from PFS,

I might try the volvo garage for a quote first , and maybe check the part no
for a 98 c70 T5

T-5ones
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 19:50
I was given two aftermarket options for the same hub (for the '98 v70) and was able to take both away to see which was the same as the one on the car once it had been removed.

They were nearly identical except the later model had a slightly stronger design of flange.

Mine turned out to be the earlier thinner version.

WARNING: I had to put it in our 3 ton press AND heat it up to get the hub off the shaft. It was ££££££££££ tight. If you are thinking of doing this at the w.end you might get a bit stuck if you need to use a press.

There is also a bearing on the drivers side shaft. Mine was slightly worn. I thought I'd replace it while it was out but this is a volvo only part and they will only supply the whole shaft with bearing fitted. Cant remember price but I can remember it was more than they were quoting for a new clutch!

This ramble may or may not be of any help. All the best with it.

Tim