PDA

View Full Version : need a new dump valve

markt4
Sunday 10th April 2005, 17:27
think mine is knackerd , ive tried to take it apart but it wont , ive buggerd the little screws on it :doh: its made by forge , so can i replace it with any d/v as a straight swap? whats the best one to get and where from
cheers in advance

fraz13
Sunday 10th April 2005, 17:35
You should be able to replace a forge at Half*rds, making sure its a double piston DV, other than that most performance places will be able to supply, piston are usually better than diaphram DV's

Ross9
Sunday 10th April 2005, 17:45
I take it this has turned out to be the problem with your T4 feeling a bit flat? Losing boost through a leaky dump valve?

Ross

siamblue
Sunday 10th April 2005, 17:47
You can get them on Ebay for about £90 with the Silicone hose for the I/C.

rich850t5
Sunday 10th April 2005, 18:23
You can get them on Ebay for about £90 with the Silicone hose for the I/C.If you are on about the bailey d/v then they are £100 delivered i got one and it seems ok fairly noisey when boost is around 12/15psi

markt4
Sunday 10th April 2005, 18:27
well ross that was my next question , would a dodgy d/v affect performance???remember i am braindead with engines , ive looked on ebay and there are that many...any recommendations theres baily, blitz,hks, greedy and others (others r alot cheeper, but cheap aint allways the best, as the saying goes buy cheap buy twice.)

Ross9
Sunday 10th April 2005, 23:39
Yes it would affect it.

When you have your foot down, the turbo spins and forces air along a pipe, through the intercooler, along another pipe and into the engine, aftermarket DV's are normally fitted to the second pipe, from the IC to the throttle body, anyway, the dv's job is to be closed when on throttle, and open when you let off, thus venting the compressed air in the pipe.

If it isn't closed when you are on throttle, then air (boost) will leak out of the DV and not all go into the intake, you wont make as much boost as you should be doing, and the car will be slower.

So if your DV is being changed because its leaking, then fingers crossed it will sort your other problem as well, so heres hoping.

Ross

siamblue
Monday 11th April 2005, 00:49
Quite a few people that go for D/Vs go for the Forge twin piston type.

Bracer
Monday 11th April 2005, 11:47
I prefer the adjustable types as you can fine tune them.

siamblue
Monday 11th April 2005, 11:50
I prefer the adjustable types as you can fine tune them.

Come on then Steve why and how please? :shockedbi :deal:

Bracer
Monday 11th April 2005, 11:53
Come on then Steve why and how please? :shockedbi :deal:

My Turbo XS valve allows you to add / remove shims which pretension the spring controlling the vac pressure and release boost setting.

markt4
Monday 11th April 2005, 19:34
thanks for the info all , well appreciated

rich850t5
Monday 11th April 2005, 19:40
My Turbo XS valve allows you to add / remove shims which pretension the spring controlling the vac pressure and release boost setting.Steve will my bailey d/v be ok everything seems ok but what would the symptoms be? cheers kind chappy! :thewave:

Bracer
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 08:32
Steve will my bailey d/v be ok everything seems ok but what would the symptoms be? cheers kind chappy! :thewave:

It should be ok.