PDA

View Full Version : T5R bumpers

Tomcat
Sunday 24th September 2006, 23:29
To save anymore confusion (to me mostly) I have started this new thread.

If your wanting a T5R bumper(painted or unpainted) then I will need a £30 deposit from you. As previously mentioned I first have to shell out £300 before I can make the mould, hence the need to secure your orders.

Stick your name on the list and either pm me or email me for my address, cheque would be prefered if possible. It's a first come first served basis and there will be a wait as I need to make a mould first

Thanks for your patience guys.

1)
2)
3)
4)

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 24th September 2006, 23:31
can you get them in any volvo colour?

Tomcat
Sunday 24th September 2006, 23:49
Yup, bear in mind these are fibreglass reproductions I'm making. All the details have been covered in other posts, price is £120 unpainted, £150 painted.

Rnash2002
Monday 25th September 2006, 00:28
1)Rnash2002

Baj
Monday 25th September 2006, 12:29
Are these standard ones only?

pzorb
Monday 25th September 2006, 16:03
How does the fibreglass compare to the original? Weight etc?

Tomcat
Monday 25th September 2006, 18:20
Its just as strong and weighs about the same.

Tomcat
Monday 25th September 2006, 18:22
Are these standard ones only?

Are which the standard ones??, this is purely for the T5R bumpers(850). If your after the modded V70R bumper then look at the other thread and send me a pm for my address.

Rnash2002
Monday 25th September 2006, 20:57
Come on guys get your names down ;)

irf
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 01:13
tomcat, will this be an ongoing thing?
bought my car very recently, t5r bumper is definetly on the "list" but not quite yet

Tomcat
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 07:52
Yup, once I've got the mould made I should be able to make them as and when

irf
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 08:50
excellent:)

pzorb
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 10:46
1)Rnash2002
2)Pzorb. Painted plz burgandy.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 11:00
1)Rnash2002
2)Pzorb. Painted plz burgandy
3)THe Flying Banana in Olive Green

Rnash2002
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 12:23
1)Rnash2002 Olive Green
2)Pzorb. Painted plz burgandy
3)THe Flying Banana in Olive Green

colnotts
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 21:56
4/ colnotts

Tomcat
Friday 29th September 2006, 19:37
I can't go ahead with this until I've received some deposits, it's all down to you guys now. I'm not going out and spending £300 of my own cash for you all to turn around and tell me you dont need one anymore...

Niles
Saturday 30th September 2006, 17:38
may I make a suggestion? OK, why not make a 'lip' spoiler/extention that can just be fitted to the bottom of a standard T5 lower bumper? Exact copy of an 850R front but just the lip, I know it would need filling & blending in etc but saves the job of removing the whole bumper etc....
Surely it would be easier to make (and cheaper) there is 1 thats available but a little to chav! http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?ProductCode=RGM-FS210&PID=369752#

siamblue
Saturday 30th September 2006, 17:44
may I make a suggestion? OK, why not make a 'lip' spoiler/extention that can just be fitted to the bottom of a standard T5 lower bumper? Exact copy of an 850R front but just the lip, I know it would need filling & blending in etc but saves the job of removing the whole bumper etc....
Surely it would be easier to make (and cheaper) there is 1 thats available but a little to chav! http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?ProductCode=RGM-FS210&PID=369752#

The bumpers are very easy to remove, 6 or 8 rivets and 2 bolts,

Niles
Saturday 30th September 2006, 18:29
still think just the lip copy would be better, easier to post/transport, cheaper to paint, easier to replace on #shiver# impact!

T5SLAVE
Saturday 30th September 2006, 23:08
still think just the lip copy would be better, easier to post/transport, cheaper to paint, easier to replace on #shiver# impact!

I'm no expert on the manufacture of these bumpers etc...but I reckon u have a good idea there m8. I would say that tho cos I badly want the R look but am loathed 2 have 2 fork out 4 a whole new bumper and re-spray havin only had mine refinished not a couple o months ago:shifty:

Tomcat
Saturday 30th September 2006, 23:52
The trouble you will have is getting the new(fibreglass) part bonded onto the existing(plastic) bumper. If you don't blend it in to the bumper it'll look like its been stuck on, as the one in the photo does.
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefix.asp?ProductCode=RGM-FS210&PID=369752
If you have to blend it in with bodyfiller etc then you still have to paint the whole bumper, don't get me wrong I'm all for making things easier but you'll have just as much work to do.

BlackBeast
Sunday 1st October 2006, 00:04
I think there would be hell of a lot more work to do if it was just the spliter, just as much work to do is putting it mildly imo.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 1st October 2006, 18:04
Hi Tomcat, my t5r obviously already has this front bumper, my question is, on one of the tuners websites you can order a carbon fibre splitter which goes underneath. Could you make something similar out of fibreglass which would just screw on?

Tomcat
Sunday 1st October 2006, 19:49
Sure could, unfortunatly it would all depend on interest again though.

Tomcat
Sunday 22nd October 2006, 15:36
Ok, so far I've only had five deposits, this doesn't even cover the purchase of the original let alone all the supplies to make the replica's.

Anybody else interested????.

If we can't attract more interest does anybody fancy paying up front so I can buy the stuff to get started?, usually I would have just bought the stuff myself but I just can't afford it at present. We need at least two people to pay in full.

As already mentioned (above) would anyone be interested in a fibreglass splitter to go under the bumper?.

Cheers guys.

volvolised
Monday 23rd October 2006, 20:50
Hi T.C.,
How is it going has anyone offered prepay yet ??............
Officer Dibble :lol:

T5SLAVE
Friday 27th October 2006, 20:02
I'm no expert on the manufacture of these bumpers etc...but I reckon u have a good idea there m8. I would say that tho cos I badly want the R look but am loathed 2 have 2 fork out 4 a whole new bumper and re-spray havin only had mine refinished not a couple o months ago:shifty:

S*d it I thought...ordered an R bumper from Marshalls, can't wait 2 c what it'll look like on the beast:bounce: Also bought a little addition which I think will finish it off nicely! I might have this thing all finished by this time next year LOL...

Tomcat
Friday 27th October 2006, 21:10
Thanks for the support....!!, sorry guys but if more interest isn't shown in this then I shall be returning your deposits and not bothering!. It's bad enough that I have to go freeze my ass off in my garage so I can make these and save you all some dough, but to have to beg for enough cash to do it as well is ridiculous!. I've posted at least twice now in the past week or two asking and I've had no replies at all!!!!(bar Volvolised, cheers for the offer!)

I will give it another couple of days and then I'm returning your deposits, sorry all.

T5SLAVE
Saturday 28th October 2006, 10:45
Thanks for the support....!!, sorry guys but if more interest isn't shown in this then I shall be returning your deposits and not bothering!. It's bad enough that I have to go freeze my ass off in my garage so I can make these and save you all some dough, but to have to beg for enough cash to do it as well is ridiculous!. I've posted at least twice now in the past week or two asking and I've had no replies at all!!!!(bar Volvolised, cheers for the offer!)

I will give it another couple of days and then I'm returning your deposits, sorry all.

TC...Im really sorry m8, but u know how it is, I could be waiting 4EVER on other members who never actually stand by their words n I end up months down the line without my bumper!!! I thought at least this way I know Im deffo gettin one n it isn't hinged on any factors other than when Im willing 2 go ahead n pay 4 it. Soz again m8, I think the QBM g-buy proves if I can see something really IS gonna happen I'll stick around till the bitter end...with these bumpers I get the feeling too many members r just gonna drop out 4 whatever reason n leave the rest of us with no-where 2 go?

All the best
Mark.

Tomcat
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:10
I made some of these last year and had no problems at all, unfotunately this year I can't afford to stump up all the money to make them on my own. If there are enough takers and I get either enough deposits or a couple of people willing to pay up front then they'll get made, no matter how many I make. I dont need loads of people to justify the costs of making them, I just need enough money to get started....

Thanks for the appologie though, its appreciated.

pzorb
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:32
Hi Tomcat, apologies for not reading this update sooner:sorry: You have a PM.:Handshake

Pliskin
Saturday 28th October 2006, 19:17
Hi Tomcat,
Tim Lyons here from Stockport, we "spoke" so time ago with regards to me possibly dropping in on you to have a look at the R bumper for me 96 854.

Apologises for not speaking sooner, but family problems have demanded my attention elsewhere.

I am still interested in the bumper and would be willing to pay up front, but I am also looking at having the grey exterior trim colour coded with the rest of the car, which is a dark grey metallic.

Is this something you would be interested in doing ?

Tomcat
Saturday 28th October 2006, 19:33
Hi, yup I could do that for you, after all I did my own.

Pliskin
Saturday 28th October 2006, 22:59
Great,

PMd

Tomcat
Saturday 28th October 2006, 23:38
Pm er....not recieved

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 10:08
Are these a non goer now TC, no probs if not, just thinking of selling the Volvo it was intended for and if the manufacture of these isnt iminent then i would just sell it as is....

Tomcat
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 10:43
Far from it, I went out and bought my supplies at the weekend, I'm just waiting for a bit of spare time now to make the mould. At the very latest I would say the mould will be made this weekend, after that its just a case of making them....

Tomcat
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 10:45
Whils't we're on the subject I will be banking any deposit cheques that have been sent to me during the week. Thanks to all for your interest I will be emailing you individualy when I'm making your bumper.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 10:47
Great news TC, just let me know when the bumper is finished and needing paid etc .

FAB Virgil !!!!

SAMXPJ
Wednesday 15th November 2006, 02:51
Love the exhaust is it a scorpian ?