PDA

View Full Version : lowering problems

Stuart
Sunday 24th September 2006, 10:47
hi all.im having problems lowering my s60 t5.ive bought the eibach kit and the rear of the car is still sitting very high.the front has come down a treat and to be honest im very dissapointed with the kit.has anyone got an idea whats wrong or can suggest a kit to slam it to the floor?

siamblue
Sunday 24th September 2006, 11:11
Is it ex police?

t5 stealth
Sunday 24th September 2006, 12:15
hi
it may just need a bit of time to settle,
there is less weight over the rear wheels as apposed to the front,
most new suspension changes will look a bit difrent & some need time to settle down,
mine took a week or two to settle on the rear,
i found the best way was to drive it hard in to corners,
that compressed the spring lol

fraz13
Sunday 24th September 2006, 12:18
Did you put the springs in the correct way? May be a silly question but it does make a difference from past experience.....

T5ER
Sunday 24th September 2006, 12:18
4 concrete slabs works well,leave em in the boot for about a week and the suspension settles down a lot quicker

t5 stealth
Sunday 24th September 2006, 12:23
looks nice & low with slabs but fuel economy mite suffer with the extra weight,can it get suffer any more lol

T5ER
Sunday 24th September 2006, 12:26
looks nice & low with slabs but fuel economy mite suffer with the extra weight,can it get suffer any more lol
LOL take em out after a week when it has settled down just makes the process go faster

petrolhead
Sunday 24th September 2006, 18:54
Is that Stuart from Bangor.....The tyre man?

Regards
Roger

Straker
Monday 25th September 2006, 12:36
Question, why does the suspension settle. This would impley the springs are plastically deforming whihc they should never do. If any setteling occurs it should be in the bushes but this should only be a fe millimeters. Are you sure everything has been installed properly and home much settelign are people taking about..... :confused:

BlackBeast
Monday 25th September 2006, 12:47
Did S60s come with nivomats?

BrightonBreezy
Monday 25th September 2006, 16:04
Is it an ex-plod S60?
If so it probably has self-levelling shocks. In that case you can't just fit lowering springs - you need to change the shocks for normal ones.

siamblue
Monday 25th September 2006, 22:43
Did S60s come with nivomats?

Thats why i asked was it ex plod, as they would've fitted them with all the crap they have to lug around,

Gary.

BlackBeast
Monday 25th September 2006, 23:03
Didnt realise that until BrightonBreezy said it on the top of the page.