PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak.

welshboy
Sunday 24th September 2006, 00:00
HI.

I have this oil leak from what looks like the bottom back of the engine. I am starting to use about a litre a week.

When i was up VT having my car mapped. One the guys said that there is a pipe on the back and the seal goes on it. As anyone come across this. Think he said it's only a five minute job and is quite a common problem.

Its starting to do my head in now as it looks like its dripping on the exhaust as the smell of oil is getting worse at stand still. Its ok when moving.

If so. Do i need anything to fix it. So i can get it before i put it on the ramps.

If that fails. Might pop it up the VT for a check out. Need other work done it as well.

thanks

tony

BlackBeast
Sunday 24th September 2006, 00:09
That will be the oil pipe coming from the turbo into the block. Theres a rubber o-ring between the block and the pipe that obviously breaks down after years of heat cycles.

Try and do a search, im sure you will find a load of info on it to help you out!

I'll have a search for you aswell.

BlackBeast
Sunday 24th September 2006, 00:11
Cant be bothered to edit, here's a very good guide:-

http://volvospeed.com/Repair/turborepairline.php

welshboy
Sunday 24th September 2006, 00:12
THanks.

Looks like your following me round. LOL.

Will look as well. Cheers

Tony

BlackBeast
Sunday 24th September 2006, 00:15
Well you are welsh :remybussi

iGGy
Sunday 24th September 2006, 01:24
Well you are welsh :sheep:

More like it

kimbaleeg
Monday 25th September 2006, 16:34
its poss rear oilreturn pipe seal just had mine done to day easy took my garage 20mins cost me £20 and parts where £1.80 from dealer thats with my discount but it wasnt that much difference