PDA

View Full Version : Bulk head mount Help!!

welshboy
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 20:36
Hi.

Been looking everywhere for the top engine mount that goes on the rear of the bulk head.

Just done the top engine mount one and also fitted a strut bar. Just need to the bulk one to finish off the top.

Any help would be great

tony

BlackBeast
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 22:46
Have you tried Volvo???

welshboy
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 22:50
Hi.

Thanks for the advice. Forgot to mention i waslooking for a poly one. Heard on here somewhere that people thought it helped transfer sound through to the cabin. Thought i would get one.

tony

BlackBeast
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 23:04
What your talking about is the top engine mount made in poly. Dont think anyone on here has a poly bulk head mount, YET :) A couple of us including me on the QBM group buy are buying this:-

http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_mountfirewall.html

Sadly, this group buy is closed for new orders. Im sure there will be a another group buy in the new year. Of course you can buy it yourself.

Hope that helps.

Steve

welshboy
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 23:16
Oh.

So the top engine mount i done today is the one that help reduce shake on the engine and suppose to reduce alot of other things.

The link is the one i was talking about. So would a standard Volvo one be ok then. Or would a poly one be better.

thanks alot for your help

BlackBeast
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 23:27
Im sure loads of people will say that a standard one is good enough. But you have to ask yourself one thing, is good enough, good enough?

Reports from loads of people say that the top mount creates vibration through to the cabin. Is that a bad thing? Decision is up to you!

welshboy
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 23:35
Thanks

I am happy with what the top engine mount has done. So think i will stick i standard bulk head one in.

Will save my money for lots of other mods that i need doing. As with reading this forum. Lots of great mods and not enough money.

thanks
again

tony

BlackBeast
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 23:40
lol i think thats the case for everyone tony.

T-5ones
Sunday 24th September 2006, 09:10
Post deleted as I was talking crap again!