PDA

View Full Version : More misfire probs

RobGoo
Tuesday 26th October 2004, 20:29
Wonder if anyone can give any advice before I go off on a wild goose chase. Got a chronic misfire that started as a blip in high gears when bimbling and then accelerating gradually round town up to about 2k rpm. Now its got really chronic in all gears but clears in 1st to 3rd when it hits just over 3k rpm.

Got new plugs and air filter. No air leaks anywhere but one HT lead looks slightly dodgy at the outside of the cap in the plug recess. The plugs are only 4 weeks old and the fifth plug looks slightly fouled.

Before I go off spending £50 unnecessarily on HT leads, anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers
Rob

RobGoo
Sunday 14th November 2004, 09:50
Cheers for all the sound advice guys...

Justin
Sunday 14th November 2004, 17:30
How many miles has the car done??

I would change the leads anyway, then the dizzy cap and rotor arm, make sure they are all good before you do anymore, spend on the cheap basics first and work up, but by replacing the said you can eliminate loads of things ;)

Bracer
Wednesday 17th November 2004, 13:58
Wonder if anyone can give any advice before I go off on a wild goose chase. Got a chronic misfire that started as a blip in high gears when bimbling and then accelerating gradually round town up to about 2k rpm. Now its got really chronic in all gears but clears in 1st to 3rd when it hits just over 3k rpm.

Got new plugs and air filter. No air leaks anywhere but one HT lead looks slightly dodgy at the outside of the cap in the plug recess. The plugs are only 4 weeks old and the fifth plug looks slightly fouled.

Before I go off spending £50 unnecessarily on HT leads, anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers
Rob

Have you still got the problem ?

If yes let me know what plugs you fitted and we can go from there :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 18th November 2004, 00:04
sorry, we don't normally miss out people - well at least not on purpose.
Sounds to me assuming you have the right plugs, like either dissy, rotor or HT leads. Have you check the dissy cap?

Bracer
Thursday 18th November 2004, 08:52
Come on mate dont keep us hanging, we're on the ball now :tank: