PDA

View Full Version : Autoexpress spy pics of the XC70 & XC60

neevo
Thursday 21st September 2006, 13:31
First the link

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/spyshots/202883/volvo_xc70_and_xc60.html

"The firm's striking new compact SUV has been influenced by the popularity of its full-sized off-roader, and looks every inch the miniature XC90."

----------------snip------------------------

"The current load-lugging V70 is one of the oldest models in the company's line-up. Its replacement - including the tall-riding XC70 - is expected to hit Volvo showrooms next year."

dreadly
Thursday 21st September 2006, 13:45
I like Vovlo cos they are not like the current fashion of euroboxes, they are starting to look like all the other cars on the road now :(
I like it, it looks ok, but maybe my next car will be a merc?

neevo
Thursday 21st September 2006, 13:50
My problem with the latest Mercs is that they are getting to look a lot like the larger Peugots from some angles and BMWs from others. Volvos at least have some individuality, as you said.

M44K TS
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:34
looks smart, lets hope for some T5 or T6's in them 8)

Nathlm
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:45
Ohh I like it, although I don't think it would pull a horsebox!!

aeroresh
Friday 22nd September 2006, 11:05
My main worry is that all new volvos are becoming just rebodied other Ford group cars, and as such lose their unique identity.

At the end of the day you may as well just buy the cheapest platform car regardless of "brand" and save some dosh, ie buy a focus not an S40, etc!

BrightonBreezy
Friday 22nd September 2006, 15:41
I like the next-generation V70 although you can see they've borrowed styling cues from the V50.

However, I'll have to wait 5 years to have one until they retire out of police service.

muscas
Friday 22nd September 2006, 16:48
Audi's next for me

After_Shock
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:49
My main worry is that all new volvos are becoming just rebodied other Ford group cars, and as such lose their unique identity.

At the end of the day you may as well just buy the cheapest platform car regardless of "brand" and save some dosh, ie buy a focus not an S40, etc!

Not quite, the platforms are nearly all developed completely by Volvo as they are the only ones to have any cash in the group, Ford then take them and chop bits off and make them cheaper then put them under their cars.

From the chassis's up the Volvo's are mostly unique but regardless of what car you go for its a rebodied or rebadge or shares something with something else somewhere. Your DB7 is probably a good example!

My dads Porsche has the same light switch in as his polo, does that make the porsche a VW or the VW a porsche!?

After_Shock
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:51
The new S60/V70 will look very much like the new S80 (looks bad in pics really impressive in the metal) and fortunately not much like an S40.

The XC60 or XC50 whatever it will end up being called is a bit of an odd ball, will reserve judgement till see it.

One im waiting for is the coupe version of the S60 that is rumoured to be coming out, a big luxury coupe would go down very well.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 08:29
Looking good would be great if they were available in the matt black finish(unlikely i know but would look awesome)