PDA

View Full Version : More Mods

Simon
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 14:45
Decided to get a twin outlet Powerflow exhaust fitted. It's going in next Thursday. Decided on Oval tailpipes and a 2 silencer system.

I know there are some people here that have had Powerflow exhausts fitted. My question is how many silencers did they have fitted? I want something louder than the standard which has no noise at all, but nothing too OTT. Are 2 silencers the right way to go?

Thanks - Simon.

Baj
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 14:49
I was in a Powerflow fitters yeaterday getting my tyre changed.
They were fitting a twin oval to a Golf while I was there and were using 2 silencers that were little larger than a large can of beans (but about twice as long).
Tell them what you want. I am sure they fit it custom anyway, not off the shelf.

Simon
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 14:57
They have recommended the twin silencers, but I am slightly concerned it might be a bit too quiet?

Baj
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 15:20
I have a nicely rumbley exhaust, the flipside is motorway driving can be noisome and slightly annoying

Simon
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 16:54
I think I'll play it safe and stick with the 2 silencers.

Just fitted my new Pipercross induction kit. Wot a nice noise that makes! :biggrin:

TomS60
Thursday 21st September 2006, 01:12
Do Powerflow cut the bumper for you?? cause im interested in the twin exhaust, but only have one exhaust outlet gap on the left...

cheers.

aeroresh
Thursday 21st September 2006, 08:31
If you only go with one you'll have annoying resonance issues inside the cabin.

VT did mine with 2 and it was still relatively loud and beefy but not to the extent of becoming irritating over long distances.

Simon
Thursday 21st September 2006, 09:44
Do Powerflow cut the bumper for you?? cause im interested in the twin exhaust, but only have one exhaust outlet gap on the left...

cheers.

Yes they make the additional cut out for you. You lose the towing eye point on the right hand side though. No big deal I guess. I'll post some pics next week once it has been fitted.

scooby555
Thursday 21st September 2006, 15:23
i have one from powerflow on my s60 that has 2 boxes low rumble at low engine speed but when i hoof it terns in to a jet sound rather cool sound i think. lol

Simon
Friday 22nd September 2006, 11:46
'Sounds' good. Can't wait now :-)

Simon
Friday 22nd September 2006, 11:47
'Sounds' good. Can't wait now :D