PDA

View Full Version : bhp

alkis777
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 23:20
im looking for an S70 T5 at the moment which produce 240bhp. i was looking at so many tuning companys that deal with volvos. im looking for about 290-300bhp mods. some companys say they can get me that bhp with just a remap (rica, ppc etc).... how true is this? has anyone had a remap and had 290-300bhp proven on rolling road? could someone help?

volvotuning
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 23:24
im looking for an S70 T5 at the moment which produce 240bhp. i was looking at so many tuning companys that deal with volvos. im looking for about 290-300bhp mods. some companys say they can get me that bhp with just a remap (rica, ppc etc).... how true is this? has anyone had a remap and had 290-300bhp proven on rolling road? could someone help?

Yes it's true, plenty of people have had it proved on various rolling roads. Some of these are on this forum. Basically, if your engine and components are up to it, and the fuel is good, and the conditions on the dyno are favourable, then the power is there.

Adam.

ps. This will no doubt spark a massive discussion as to what is and what is not possible. Take cover... :)

BlackBeast
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 23:44
Im on 249whp, which is around 290bhp at the fly running at 1.03bar, so 0.19bar off what it should be. What power would it run with the full 1.2bar i dont know, and im not going to guestimate either. Car has done 118k miles, mods are itg airfilter and a rica ecu so its not all that bad.

Take from that what you will. Yes i do have proof of the numbers.

volvotuning
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 23:53
I've seen many produce around 265 whp. Some have managed to produce more, and some a fair bit less. One thing for sure, there can be a big variance between cars, especially on the older cars, for the reasons I mentioned above.

Adam.

alkis777
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 01:02
could you give prices and proof of bhp please blackbeast on here?

abdul
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 08:30
i dont know of bhp but it flys after being ricad

Andrew
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 08:41
If you look in my vbgarage you can see the graph from my rolling road.

fraz13
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 08:46
Hi and welcome to the site.....

Many of us on here have had been remapped by sevral different tuners and have been very pleased by the transformation, the tuner you decide on is your choice

I suggest that you contact the tuners and get the info you require from them, They're not going to deny you these figures and with so many happy customers I very much doubt the figures are far off... As we all know it all depends on each individual car...

Lets not let this thread get out of control like previous because this site is not for tuning wars and if it turns into this it will be locked.....

alkis777
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 10:18
oh no i hope that doesnt happen just wanted to see some rolling roads results on a remap thats all sorry guys

Al115
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 10:22
No worries :)