PDA

View Full Version : Volvo sc 805 cd radio casette

Niles
Monday 18th September 2006, 19:05
The 1 in mine has locke dup & need the code. The dealer hasnt a clue what the code is, no record of it in any of the paperwork i got with the car. Any top tips on de-coding it, or is it a case of off to a car ICE shop for a re-chip?

Niles
Monday 18th September 2006, 19:07
Again, no locking nut removal tool supplied with my car. I was in traffic earlier sat net to a new V70, seems his where VERY similar to mine, is it a standard volvo lock nut?

Niles
Monday 18th September 2006, 19:56
lock nut...........HELP!!!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/camelbeanie/2006_0918newvolvo0007.jpg

neevo
Monday 18th September 2006, 20:37
Can't help with the locknut but I was given the code for my radio over the phone by my local volvo main dealer. All I had to quote was the chassis number and they just had a click on their computer and it was there. I suggest you try the same, afterall it was free and better than paying someone off the net to do it.

splatt
Monday 18th September 2006, 20:47
The radio code has been covered very recently. Have you tried a search?

The wheelnut..no they are pretty mutch all different, you can get a tool to remove them (which ferks them up).

mostin58
Monday 18th September 2006, 21:36
i'm only up the road, more than happy to let you give mine a try.

Niles
Monday 18th September 2006, 22:13
i'm only up the road, more than happy to let you give mine a try.
Thanks mate, will do soon! need to get the wheels off asap!! thanks!

Niles
Monday 18th September 2006, 22:15
The wheelnut..no they are pretty mutch all different, you can get a tool to remove them (which ferks them up).
I really dont care if the tool buggers them as long as they come off!!!! where do I get a tool such as this?

splatt
Monday 18th September 2006, 22:38
Do a search on the net. you will find.

Niles
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 20:21
The 1 in mine has locke dup & need the code. The dealer hasnt a clue what the code is, no record of it in any of the paperwork i got with the car. Any top tips on de-coding it, or is it a case of off to a car ICE shop for a re-chip?

Got the code from Canterbury Volvo today, very nice lady also checked the ECU fault code log for free!! (Thank you Christine) lol

wright_t5
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 20:35
I have a spare wheelnut key, your welcome to try it, I havent the nuts any more..

SAMXPJ
Monday 16th October 2006, 23:05
I have tapped them off with a small blunt chisel going round each side of the lock nut at a time after using plenty of WD40, just take your time tap tap tap