PDA

View Full Version : poorly 854 T5R

sTe-5R
Monday 18th September 2006, 16:28
850 auto saloon t5r

if the pcv/breather system is blocked would this cause the car to blow quite a bit of smoke from the exhaust ?

it's had a slight oil leak for a while which i was told was the rear main seal, in the last couple of weeks the leak has got noticeably worse and has just started to blow smoke from the exhaust.

if i clean or replace the pcv/breather system and get the rear main seal done will this solve all my problems ?????

any advice would be welcome.

cheers

marshall_volvo
Monday 18th September 2006, 16:34
850 auto saloon t5r

if the pcv/breather system is blocked would this cause the car to blow quite a bit of smoke from the exhaust ?

it's had a slight oil leak for a while which i was told was the rear main seal, in the last couple of weeks the leak has got noticeably worse and has just started to blow smoke from the exhaust.

if i clean or replace the pcv/breather system and get the rear main seal done will this solve all my problems ?????

any advice would be welcome.

cheers
does not sound like pcv mate more like valve stem seals or turbo

Rnash2002
Monday 18th September 2006, 17:01
Does it blow smoke when you boot it or when the car idles? also what colour smoke is it?

sTe-5R
Monday 18th September 2006, 17:52
it had been running as normal

i pulled over to let an oncoming ambulance pass and thats when it started to smoke, smoke was'nt so bad as i drove off but when i got home it started to smoke again so i have'nt used it since.

the smoke is blue/white maybe a slight smell of coolant to it, it has'nt overheated or lost any water the water/coolant is still nice and clean so i don't think it's the head gasket

Tomcat
Monday 18th September 2006, 17:54
If its blown the rear main seal out then it does sound like the systems over pressurising, pull the dipstick out while its ticking over, if its smoking then its defo the Pcv that needs changing.