PDA

View Full Version : Chip Tuning Scotland Open Day 23rd Sept

fraz13
Monday 18th September 2006, 07:41
Right guys n gals, now we have a Scottish outlet of Chip Tuning lets go and support Simon in his new venture....

Many of you want your cars mapped so come along and get a chat with Simon and get a chance to meet the infamous Adam from VT to see whats involved

Adam is up on Thursday and Friday mapping cars so if you want it done then get booked in for then..... Saturday will be mainly just a meet up to talk about all things Volvo and diagnostic.... NO mapping will be done on the Saturday!!!! Just incase you get there and get disappointed ;)

Saturday 23rd Sept (This Saturday) between 10am and 5pm

Meeting at Bothwell Services at 9.30am to drive down together if you fancy that....

Names:

1: Fraz13
2: T5-ones
3: Jaseb77
4: st1t5
5: franky
6: bubba_1986
7: Wobbly Dave
8: Dacvolvo

T-5ones
Monday 18th September 2006, 10:53
Might be able to get away. Defo wanna come and check it all out. So this is going to be another one of my "hopefully" attendances.

Will be good to meet up with some folks before the scottish meet.

Jaseb77
Monday 18th September 2006, 10:58
I will go down Fraz,

maybe meet up at Hamilton services ??

Vikingxl
Monday 18th September 2006, 11:24
Would love to but no money im afraid unless someone else is coming from round here and fancies a passenger.I dont smell honestly!

volvotuning
Monday 18th September 2006, 11:30
Would love to but no money im afraid unless someone else is coming from round here and fancies a passenger.I dont smell honestly!

I'm going up on Thursday very early morning but coming back on Sunday morning (from Edinburgh, cos visting friends there after the meet).

Adam.

st1t5
Monday 18th September 2006, 11:42
Sounds good :) ..... as long as the g/f has'nt got anything planned i cant see why not.

franky
Monday 18th September 2006, 18:04
I will come along fraz for a looky!, jase, i live just near u, so we could convoy down together to meet fraz and anyone else.

my warrenty runs out soon, so time to start thinking about a chip and mod or 2!

bubba_1986
Monday 18th September 2006, 22:37
Fraz, what sorta time owuld we be leaving at, as i do deliverys on saturday night

:) ?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 03:23
I am coming up with Adam

fraz13
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 10:16
I have just spoken to Simon who has kindly put on some drinks and sandwiches for those who will be feeling a bit peckish.....

We were thinking around 10-10.30am so lets say 9.30am Bothwell Services Its an all day thing till around 4.30-5pm

You can turn up and leave at any time between 10am and 5pm

Should be an interesting day for those who fancy an upgrade and even those who have already done it :D Remember..... Adam is up on Thursday and Friday mapping cars so if you want it done then get booked in for then..... Saturday will be mainly just a meet up to talk about all things Volvo and diagnostic.... NO mapping will be done on the Saturday!!!!

Nathlm
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 11:52
I am coming up with Adam

Oh poor Adam - have you told him yet? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/a015.gif

Tarten Bear
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 15:25
Hi Guys - Looking forward to meeting up with you guys on Saturday. I'll make sure there is good food on, no party hats unless your brings your own.
Look forward to meet you all!!
Simon

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 15:28
Oh poor Adam - have you told him yet? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/a015.gif
Damn I knew I was missing something!

bubba_1986
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 17:36
Count me in then fraz, but will have to leave in time to get back for deliverys

Do you want to meet me at linwood mcd's and ill drive up with you ? ( As i have no idea where bothwell services is, lol )

:biggrin:

fraz13
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 19:00
No worries bubba, say 8.45am :P

bubba_1986
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 21:42
No worries bubba, say 8.45am :P

Aye sound with me, am off on the friday anyway. So am gonna get my handbrake fixed and give a quick wee polish ( weather permiting ofcourse )

What was it like the day, bloody freezing :(

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 21:55
Count me in, Fraz.

Oh - Bothwell services - is this on the M74, just before the Strathclyde Country Park cut off?

fraz13
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 22:26
Ace Dac, better late than never haha

So whos meetin in Bothwell Services? Me. bubba, Jase and franky so far.... Anyone else?

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 23:03

So whos meetin in Bothwell Services? Me. bubba, Jase and franky so far.... Anyone else? MEeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Where is it?

fraz13
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 08:32
Wheres what???? lol Services or Chip Tuning? hahaha

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 17:47
Count me in, Fraz.

Oh - Bothwell services - is this on the M74, just before the Strathclyde Country Park cut off?

:) ;)

T-5ones
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 19:34
Bad news. Tonight on the way back from work, I broke the T5. Under hard acceleration from a junction, bit of a misfire, loss of power and the engine stalled.

Havnt even looked under the lid, just going to tow it back to work in a bit and face it in the morning.

So, sadly definately wont make it on Saturday and we'll probably come up to the scotty meet in the fiesta.

Off to cry in some beer.:cry: :cry:

Tim

volvotuning
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 20:38
Bad news. Tonight on the way back from work, I broke the T5. Under hard acceleration from a junction, bit of a misfire, loss of power and the engine stalled.

Havnt even looked under the lid, just going to tow it back to work in a bit and face it in the morning.

So, sadly definately wont make it on Saturday and we'll probably come up to the scotty meet in the fiesta.

Off to cry in some beer.:cry: :cry:

Tim

Sounds like an intercooler pipe has come off or something like that.

Adam.

fraz13
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 21:11
Thats what it sounds like to me as well..... have a look tomorrow mate dont be to worried yet ;)

T-5ones
Wednesday 20th September 2006, 21:24
Thanks you two. A wee bit of good thinking. Kirsty is keeping me positive also.

It was pulling hard when it went. When i tried to start it after it happened it turned over, fired up then died.

I could seet the cam belt still intact when I was brave enough to have a look tonight. I'll get a better look in the daylight.

st1t5
Thursday 21st September 2006, 08:08

So whos meetin in Bothwell Services? Me. bubba, Jase and franky so far.... Anyone else?

I'll be there ;)

T-5ones
Thursday 21st September 2006, 10:40
My fault.:o Forgot to do up the circlip on the intercooler pipe after fitting a new top engine mount yesterday.:doh: :o It was dark, pissing down, i was pissed off and wasnt thinking right when it happened last night. Sorry for the over reaction.

Should make it up on saturday and also as planned for the meet next month.

Tim

fraz13
Thursday 21st September 2006, 12:49
Smashin st1t5, you meeting at Bothwell??

T5-ones thats great news, see you Saturday

st1t5
Thursday 21st September 2006, 16:26
Smashin st1t5, you meeting at Bothwell??

Aye mate, meet you all at Bothwell ..... its only 5 mins from my house anyway ;)

Nathlm
Thursday 21st September 2006, 17:01
Ohhhhh I just lovvvvvvve the scottish accent!

bubba_1986
Thursday 21st September 2006, 17:17
Ohhhhh I just lovvvvvvve the scottish accent!

Are you coming up with adam aswell then ? :)

Dacvolvo
Thursday 21st September 2006, 18:08
Aye mate, meet you all at Bothwell ..... its only 5 mins from my house anyway ;)

I'm in Motherwell - 2 minutes from Strathclyde Country Park ;)

Fraz - Want me to try and grab Fast & Modified Magazine (Scotlands only car modding mag) and see if they want to take some piccys of us & put us in the monthly magazine?

http://www.fastandmodified.com/insidepages/fam_forsale.html

Nathlm
Thursday 21st September 2006, 18:15
Are you coming up with adam aswell then ? :)

Yeah right, someone has to run the office!!

bubba_1986
Thursday 21st September 2006, 18:50
Yeah right, someone has to run the office!!

Opps silly me, ah well always next time lol. Glad you got the dog back btw, forgot to post in that thread

bubba_1986
Thursday 21st September 2006, 18:53
I'm in Motherwell - 2 minutes from Strathclyde Country Park ;)

Fraz - Want me to try and grab Fast & Modified Magazine (Scotlands only car modding mag) and see if they want to take some piccys of us & put us in the monthly magazine?

http://www.fastandmodified.com/insidepages/fam_forsale.html

Thats a brillant idea btw, only problem is my alloys still need recoated :( wouldn't look gd everone else with nice wheels and mine lk s**t lol

franky
Thursday 21st September 2006, 20:32
Thats a brillant idea btw, only problem is my alloys still need recoated :( wouldn't look gd everone else with nice wheels and mine lk s**t lol

dont worry my alloys look worse!

Dacvolvo
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:08
dont worry my alloys look worse!
Great Scott - you've not seen mine!

fraz13
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:12
Lets all compare alloys on Saturday lol A win :haha:

bubba_1986
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:29
Aye until another kerb jumps out at u lol

I knw ave been saving for ages am gonna get it done, but enough is enough really need to get them done

The Flying Banana
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:35
Lets all compare alloys on Saturday lol A win :haha:

Will you ...no chips or marks at all on my alloys with their original coatings LOL

fraz13
Thursday 21st September 2006, 22:44
Shut up dark always wins :P

franky
Thursday 21st September 2006, 23:51
Great Scott - you've not seen mine!

dont worry, i get 1st prize for the most damaged bodywork! lol (fraz will confirm that)

Titch
Friday 22nd September 2006, 00:32
Sorry guys, going to have to give it a miss as i am working in the morning and my rear nearside calliper seized today so i will be fitting new discs, pads and callipers on Saturday.

Was looking forward to it as well but im sure i will catch up with most of you next month

bubba_1986
Friday 22nd September 2006, 09:44
Sorry guys, going to have to give it a miss as i am working in the morning and my rear nearside calliper seized today so i will be fitting new discs, pads and callipers on Saturday.

Was looking forward to it as well but im sure i will catch up with most of you next month

That's a gutter titch, hope you get it sorted for next meet.

fraz13
Friday 22nd September 2006, 10:14
No worrries wee man, smell ye dafter :insane:

Dacvolvo
Friday 22nd September 2006, 17:41
Do we have an updated list of people that will be attending?

(Dac's too lazy to read the whole thread) :haha:

fraz13
Friday 22nd September 2006, 18:29
First post lazy!!!! lol