PDA

View Full Version : boost

blondy
Sunday 17th September 2006, 22:31
hi, i have a standard 95 t5 estate, does anyone know if the in dash/clocks boost gauge should go to the end of the white or only 2 thirds like mine? hope someone can help with this cos i have wondered about this for months now, since i bought the car.

volvotuning
Sunday 17th September 2006, 22:32
hi, i have a standard 95 t5 estate, does anyone know if the in dash/clocks boost gauge should go to the end of the white or only 2 thirds like mine? hope someone can help with this cos i have wondered about this for months now, since i bought the car.

Hi,

1/2 way to 2/3 is normal.

Adam.

T5ER
Sunday 17th September 2006, 22:34
mine now goes to 3/4 since i swapped the ecu from my other T5,my green 1 used to go 3/4 into the white but my purple did not it went 2/3 but since i swapped the ecu`s it now goes to 3/4`s and i have no idea why

Rnash2002
Monday 18th September 2006, 09:36
Mine went about half into the white,was reading 7 psi on aftermarket gadge,now running 11.5psi and goes about 3/4 of the way into the white.

blondy
Monday 18th September 2006, 14:42
thanks for your replys, i did put a boost gauge(must have been a cheap n nasty one) on for a while to see what sort of pressure i was getting but it was very twitchy and would jump of the scale (30psi) when accelerating, i have taken it off now and will go by the original one in the dash. i had it connected to the tree thing near the idle control valve, maybe this was not the right place to fit it?

Murphy
Monday 18th September 2006, 15:06
Rica power sends it wayyyyyyyyyy of the gauge :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/Andyvrs/Picture2.png

blondy
Monday 18th September 2006, 23:10
marvelous! is that the 280 or 304 remap? how does 0-60 compare to standard?

volvotuning
Monday 18th September 2006, 23:14
thanks for your replys, i did put a boost gauge(must have been a cheap n nasty one) on for a while to see what sort of pressure i was getting but it was very twitchy and would jump of the scale (30psi) when accelerating, i have taken it off now and will go by the original one in the dash. i had it connected to the tree thing near the idle control valve, maybe this was not the right place to fit it?

That's the correct place to tap the boost pressure, but the 30 psi figure definately ain't right.

Adam.

blondy
Monday 18th September 2006, 23:35
yes i'm sure the 'cheap' gauge i bought is useless, i just thought the standard gauge should reach the end of the white bit but if 2/3 or 3/4 is normal theni am not so worried. but i am interested in the rica upgrade that is mentioned.

volvotuning
Monday 18th September 2006, 23:46
but i am interested in the rica upgrade that is mentioned.

I can help you with that. What information would you like?

Adam.

blondy
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 00:24
i have had my t5 for a couple of months now and probably getting used to it but i got back in my 24v mondeo yesterday and realised there is more to the volvo. but i have read and heard that the ecu upgrade makes a lot of difference to the standard t5, not only power but economy. does it still have the lag associated with low rev boost, and i think i have asked before if the ecu can be swapped to my new car if and when i replaced it. and ultimatly what sort of price is the upgrade, does the car have time on a rolling road whilst being remaped. how does it compare to Superchips (if they do one). just a couple of queries that are probably mentioned elsewhere but its getting late now and i should really do some sleep. thanks for your help check back tomorrow.

Murphy
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 09:11
marvelous! is that the 280 or 304 remap? how does 0-60 compare to standard?

That's a 304 map. Not sure on 0-60 i am more of a midrange person. 3rd gear on sort of thing. I imagine it will do 60 in under 7 seconds under the right conditions :)

volvotuning
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 09:42
i have had my t5 for a couple of months now and probably getting used to it but i got back in my 24v mondeo yesterday and realised there is more to the volvo. but i have read and heard that the ecu upgrade makes a lot of difference to the standard t5, not only power but economy. does it still have the lag associated with low rev boost, and i think i have asked before if the ecu can be swapped to my new car if and when i replaced it. and ultimatly what sort of price is the upgrade, does the car have time on a rolling road whilst being remaped. how does it compare to Superchips (if they do one). just a couple of queries that are probably mentioned elsewhere but its getting late now and i should really do some sleep. thanks for your help check back tomorrow.

1. Is there any lag?
The lag is substantially reduced. Throttle response is much sharper.

2. Can the ECU be transfered?
That depends on what car you buy next.

3. If the car is standard, it doesn't need rolling road time for the upgrade.

4. How does it compare to Superchips?
Probably best to ask the members on here who have had Superchips.

Adam.

Andrew
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 09:50
4. How does it compare to Superchips?
Probably best to ask the members on here who have had Superchips.

I had a Superchip in my R and it wasn't bad but RICA beat it hands down. Also I found Superchips was making my fueling run lean.