PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs in 95 855 t5

blondy
Sunday 17th September 2006, 19:04
hi, i have just replaced my volvo plugs with new bosch super plus ytrium plugs(whatever they are). they were pre gapped to 0.7mm according to the box but i didnt check them, also i change the oil and filter. since doing this i have noticed a slight drop in mpg (going by the dash computer), could a slight difference in gap do this to my mpg as that is all that i have done to the car recently. thanks for your help.

sholtby
Sunday 17th September 2006, 19:18
I tried many different plugs in my 850 T5 and found the original Volvo items best and Bosch platinum worse. If you can sense a slight missfire especially at high boost and a lumpy idle then that could explain the loss of mpg.

blondy
Sunday 17th September 2006, 19:29
not sure about the idle but it does seen to get a bit rough at the top end of the rev range.

T5ER
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:18
i would put the proper volvo plugs in mate as for the gap i will need to look in the paynes manual if this will help you as it will take me 5 mins to find and read up

blondy
Sunday 17th September 2006, 22:27
i only replaced the plugs to try to cure the throttle hang when changing gear, but it still does the hang thing. i might put the old plugs back in, do you know the cost of the volvo ones? thanks

T5ER
Sunday 17th September 2006, 22:29
i only replaced the plugs to try to cure the throttle hang when changing gear, but it still does the hang thing. i might put the old plugs back in, do you know the cost of the volvo ones? thanks
throttle hang by that you mean the revs stop were they are for a couple of seconds???cant remember the price of volvo plugs,can pm you tomorrow with a price

blondy
Monday 18th September 2006, 14:36
yes, the revs do stay at the point when you let off the gas to change gear, is there something else that may cause this? i would appreciate a price on the plugs and part no. if you have one. thanks.