PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have time to help with Radio Code?

Al115
Saturday 16th September 2006, 21:31
I have a Volvo stereo in my newly-purchased V40 that needs the code entering... of course, I don't have the code, nor the reg of the car that it came from. I suppose I could therefore have nicked said radio... but I haven't :)

Any advice on how to find the code (based on the radio serial number, I guess?) would be welcomed... can Volvo dealers do this without knowing the vehicle reg?

Cheers...

Tomcat
Saturday 16th September 2006, 21:46
I'm not sure but I doubt it, they will more than likely refuse to do it purely for the fact that its not in the original vehicle. Try looking in the ads in Autotrader, there are loads of people who advertise decoding for radios etc...

T-5ones
Saturday 16th September 2006, 22:01
Flee-bay mate!

IF Volvo would do it, they'd skin you for the "service"

Just check it isnt noted on the unit anywhere

Dacvolvo
Saturday 16th September 2006, 23:15
Check Yellow Pages for a Radio De-Coder.

I just paid £10 for mine.

The guy connected my heat unit to his laptop and simply read the code to me. Worked perfectly :)

Phuturephantasy
Saturday 16th September 2006, 23:25
My local Volvo dealer gives you the code from the Serial No on the radio.

No FEE either - Great !!!

Al115
Sunday 17th September 2006, 00:32
Cool - thanks guys. Will a) look more carefully at radio, b) try a number of volvo dealers, c) try Yellow Pages or eBay :)

Cheers!

kenjin
Sunday 13th July 2008, 23:10
+whats the header unit and serial number i might have it. As i recall the do the philips od the blaupunkt in the 850`s not sure about the v40

Okete
Monday 14th July 2008, 08:09
Think he might have got this sorted by now!! (check post date!)

Rufe
Monday 14th July 2008, 11:04
My local Volvo dealer gives you the code from the Serial No on the radio.

No FEE either - Great !!!
i know this is an old post, but i will highlight this part

all dealers should do it for free. we can get it from reg number, but if not we can get it from serial number and the model number of the radio.

we used to struggle with a lot of units, but now its usually possible for most units.

let me know if you get stuck