PDA

View Full Version : Btcc~ Donnington Park 09-10/04/05

CAMO
Friday 8th April 2005, 19:58
ANYONE GOING TO SEE THE TOURING CARS AT DONNY THIS WEEKEND?
SHOULD BE A GOOD WK END, AS IT'S THE 1ST MEET OF THE SEASON, AND QUIET A FEW CHANGES HAVE BEEN PUT IN PLACE THIS SEASON.
VAUXHALL HAVE CHANGED FROM COUPE ASTRA TO HATCHBACK VXR ASTRA, HONDA HAS DITCHED THE CIVIC TYPE R- TO REPLACE IT WITH THE INTEGRA TYPE R. TOYOTA LEXUS IS200 ARE MAKING AN APPERANCE, TOGETHER WITH SEAT WITH THIER WINNING TOLEDO CUPRA.
THE ORGANISERS HAVE ALSO MADE SOME CHANGES, THERE IS NOW 3 RACES AT 1 VENUE, INSTEAD OF 2, (10 VENUES THROUGHOUT THE SEASON).THEY HAVE SPICED THINGS UP BY GIVING THE TOP 5 FINISHERS OF RACES 1 AND 2 A WEIGHT PENALTY AT EACH MEET, THEN THE TOP 5 IN THE STANDINGS AFTER RACE 3 CARRIES A WEIGHT PENALTY IN THE 1ST RACE OF HE NEXT VENUE. THIS TIME THERE WILL BE A SINGLE 30 MIN QUALIFYING SESSION FOR POSITIONS ON THE GRID. ANY DRIVER FOUND GUILTY OF BAD/ TOO AGGRESIVE DRIVING WILL FACE A 6 PLACE PENALTY FOR THE NEXT RACE, (AND THE OFFICIALS WILL HAVE ON-BOARD CAMERA'S ON EACH CAR, WHICH THEY WILL HAVE SECURE ACCESS). ALSO EACH CAR WILL HAVE 2 SETS OF DUNLOP TYRES (1WET, 1DRY)
WOULD BE NICE TO SEE VOLVO UP ON THE STARTING GRID!!! :beammeup:

Andrew
Friday 8th April 2005, 20:00
Hey Camo. Quick note chap - posting in ALL CAPITALS is considered shouting on forums like this and is therefore not desirable. Please use normal text in the future eh, ta! :)

Regrding your post - unfortunatly I can't make it - let me know how you get on if you go. Be great if you could get some snaps!

Pedro Fandango
Friday 8th April 2005, 22:12
i normally goto Donny for the touring but can't make it

rich850t5
Friday 8th April 2005, 22:36
i normally goto Donny for the touring but can't make it :hihi: Saving up for your next tank of fuel? :hihi: :saythat: :B_offtopi

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 9th April 2005, 00:38
:hihi: Saving up for your next tank of fuel? :hihi: :saythat: :B_offtopi
lol, off to Portugal mate (didn't mention it because i didn't want to rub in it, but as you mentioned it i hope you enjoy the rain here :wink: )

CAMO
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:08
What a fantastic day had by all

Andrew
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 09:10
What a fantastic day had by all

Damn missed this - is there another one coming up ?

CAMO
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 10:39
here is a list of all btcc venues & dates !!!
APRIL 30TH- MAY 1ST ~ THRUXTON- HANTS
JUNE 4TH~ JUNE 5TH ~BRANDS HATCH INDY- KENT
JUNE 18TH~ JUNE 19TH~ OULTON PARK~ CHESHIRE
JULY 16TH~ JULY 17TH~ CROFT~ NORTH YORKS
JULY 23RD~ JULY 34TH~ MONELLO PARK~ CO. KILDARE
AUG 6TH~ AUG 7TH~ SNETTERTON~ NORFOLK
AUG 27TH~ AUG 28TH~ KNOCKHILL~ FIFE
SEPT 17TH~ SEPT 18TH~ SILVERSTONE~ NORTHANTS
OCT 1ST~ OCT 2ND~ BRANDS HATCH GP~ KENT :gossip:

Andrew
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 10:43
Oh I'm deffinatly up for the Snetterton one - anyone care to join me ?