PDA

View Full Version : Boost guage (un-modified 854)

Goof
Friday 8th April 2005, 18:35
Standard 1995 854, not remapped, - just ITG ~ my boost guage (the std volvo cartoon one) goes about 60% over into the white area when pushed hard.
Is this normal? - I thought it wouldn't/shouldn't quite get to halfway...

Anything I should check or be concerned about? :rolling_e

rich850t5
Friday 8th April 2005, 19:18
Standard 1995 854, not remapped, - just ITG ~ my boost guage (the std volvo cartoon one) goes about 60% over into the white area when pushed hard.
Is this normal? - I thought it wouldn't/shouldn't quite get to halfway...

Anything I should check or be concerned about? :rolling_eI DON'T THINK YOU HAVE A PROBLEM MINE WAS THE SAME UNTIL I FITTED MBC IT NOW GOES ABOUT 3MM FROM THE END OF THE WHITE BIT (i am running 13psi now)or you could temperarily fit a boost gauge to see what psi/bar you are running HOPE THIS HELPS GOOF SEE YA

Goof
Friday 8th April 2005, 19:53
Cheers rich - what! getting my hands dirty??? are you sure?, me, a man with my reputation!?

lance
Friday 8th April 2005, 20:58
Goof ,I always have a temporary boost gauge in my car .Next meet or if you r North Leicestershire, South Notts you are welcome to plumb it in and we can take her for a spin.
She should read around 0.6-0.775 bar as compleatly stock I believe.

My boost gauge is just a cheap £20 Tim from halfords with length of screen washer hose, and only takes about a minute to plumb in! It seems farily accurate!

If I remember rightly my old 854 used well over half to 2/3 maybe even 3/4 spike of the white, compleatly stock!

Alas newer T5s dont have a stock boost gauge!

Goof
Friday 8th April 2005, 21:18
Cheers Lance - will be in touch when i get some spare time!

rich850t5
Friday 8th April 2005, 21:50
WHEN YOU PLUMB IT IN YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO LIFT THE BONNET,(blooming caps lock)undo the 3/4 screws that hold in the bottom part of (whatsitcalled)above the pedals you will see the stock pipe with a t piece (white/black)working out which one goes to the boost gauge,disconect it and plumb yours on when finished just reverse the order DIRTY HANDS ARE A THING OF THE PAST OOOOOOOOOOHH! I LOVE LATEX!

Goof
Friday 8th April 2005, 22:09
"I LOVE LATEX!"

lol - well it is Friday night ;)

Mrsmopp
Saturday 9th April 2005, 11:03
Bring her down to me Goof and I'll have a look for you!

x

rich850t5
Saturday 9th April 2005, 20:05
Bring her down to me Goof and I'll have a look for you!

xThat'll be the car then moppy? :haha:

MattB
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 22:44
WHEN YOU PLUMB IT IN YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO LIFT THE BONNET,(blooming caps lock)undo the 3/4 screws that hold in the bottom part of (whatsitcalled)above the pedals you will see the stock pipe with a t piece (white/black)working out which one goes to the boost gauge,disconect it and plumb yours on when finished just reverse the order DIRTY HANDS ARE A THING OF THE PAST OOOOOOOOOOHH! I LOVE LATEX!
Forgive me if I appear dumb (its my only forte), but do you then run both the new and stock gauges together, and not disconnect the old one?

rich850t5
Thursday 14th April 2005, 00:30
Forgive me if I appear dumb (its my only forte), but do you then run both the new and stock gauges together, and not disconnect the old one?You can run them together i am,it was just if you wanted a temperary gauge that would be the easiest way,if you fit it permanently then plumb it from the vacuum tree,well thats how ive done mine GOOD LUCK :B_thumb: :B_thumb: :B_thumb:

MattB
Thursday 14th April 2005, 19:11
:cool:

Cheers Rich!!

rich850t5
Thursday 14th April 2005, 21:31
:cool:

Cheers Rich!!No worrys mate anytime!