PDA

View Full Version : New S60R and V70R Upgrades

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 23:04
Hi all,

For those of you who own an S60R or V70R (2003 or later) then we have some new upgrades available. There are 3 good value for money stages offering 340 bhp, 360 bhp, and up to 420 bhp respectively.

Check out the details on our web site http://www.volvotuninguk.com under the Engine Tuning section.

The best bit about upgrading these cars is that you don't need to rebuild the engine internals for big power, and you don't need to upgrade the brakes and suspension because Volvo kindly did all this for you at the factory! And with the 4WD system you can get a decent launch without spinning the wheels, so you can actually use all the power and torque available.

If you own an S60R/late V70R and are interested in buying one of these upgrades, please email us or call us for more info.

Thanks,
Adam.

ps. There is also a Stage 4 upgrade which basically means the power ultimately depends on how much money you want to spend. It's for those wanting 450 bhp upwards.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 23:35
I would like to emphasise that the reason for promoting these upgrades is not to say that we can do X bhp etc etc, but more to highlight the fact that if you want a very fast car in all aspects, ie engine performance, handling, stopping, and traction, and comfort too, it's now cheaper to buy the current R and just tune the engine, than it is to buy an older T5 and have to upgrade everything!!!

Adam.

elliot
Thursday 14th September 2006, 03:32
But you must need around 400hp to overcome the weight and 4wd,to make it a quick as a 19t 850.I went in an 06 R and it felt pretty slow it was std though.

TJMurphy
Thursday 14th September 2006, 08:27
This is interesting. I've got an S60 T5 with a Stage 1 MTE remap which I'm very happy with. Downside (!) is that I've been test driving V70R's and, quite frankly, a standard R compared to even a mildly tuned T5 just doesn't do it for me. Reading Wothrline's site I reckon it's 'cos the torque curve is just so flat on the standard whereas the remaps have a more "natural" peak.

Which is a long winded way of saying, got any power graphs!

Tony

PS : Now thinking about a Jag S-Type R - a car to make Volvo residuals look cast iron ...

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 08:50
But you must need around 400hp to overcome the weight and 4wd,to make it a quick as a 19t 850.I went in an 06 R and it felt pretty slow it was std though.

There is no doubt that standard they are slow compared to a tuned T5 (in a straight line). However, even with 360 bhp stage 2 they are very fast, certainly on the road. The other thing which you definately know from experience is that even on the standard turbo, the S60R has a wider torque curve than a 19T, so ultimately it will be more driveable. I'm not just talking about straight line speed here, but handling and stopping to match, all of which is already fitted.

Adam.

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 09:46
These upgrades are designed for owners of S60Rs and late V70Rs. If you own one and are interested in buying either Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3, please call or email us. See our web site for details.

As for the turbo, any customer can choose which turbo they want to use to flow 500 bhp if that's the power they want. If they wish to change the intercooler for a different one, they can choose to do that too.

Adam.

M a r c
Thursday 14th September 2006, 09:58
Don't mistake my intentions; I am really just curious, and as I am into tuning Volvo-cars myself for over 15 years I was wondering about some things. As for the intercooler, the stock intercooler already gives problems with R's doing over 360hp.... the air heats up too much and the ignitions drops, so also power drops rapidly. So it's not a matter of "wish to change the intercooler" but there is a definite need if you would go above 400hp. That's why I am asking....

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 10:10
Don't mistake my intentions; I am really just curious, and as I am into tuning Volvo-cars myself for over 15 years I was wondering about some things. As for the intercooler, the stock intercooler already gives problems with R's doing over 360hp.... the air heats up too much and the ignitions drops, so also power drops rapidly. So it's not a matter of "wish to change the intercooler" but there is a definite need if you would go above 400hp. That's why I am asking....

Look, it's very simple...

If the stock intercooler is proving a problem for someone in producing or sustaining the power, then change it. If it's not, then leave it.

Adam.

RobA
Thursday 14th September 2006, 11:07
Adam

Thanks for your clarification on the "other" thread re the ITG filter. I'll have to get one of those for my Dad's S60R

He has a stage 1 chip from yourselves via the dealer... nearly 3 yrs ago now...and the dealer concerned doesnt do it now :(

I'll try and get him interested in another stage.....or two!!

What happens when going from Stage 1 to stage 2....is there a discount??

Also, re rolling road and the P2 R's...do you just pull the AWD fuse and tune it as an fwd car?

TIA

Rob

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 11:17
Adam
What happens when going from Stage 1 to stage 2....is there a discount??

Also, re rolling road and the P2 R's...do you just pull the AWD fuse and tune it as an fwd car?

TIA

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes there are discounts if you already have stage 1 for example, because technically you would only be paying for the dyno time and not for the software again.

Yes we dyno tune them as FWD cars by electronically disengaging the rear diff.

Adam.

RobA
Thursday 14th September 2006, 12:50
Cheers Adam...very informative and helpful.

Last question.....

The dealer has told my dad that the car needs a software update to cure a known hesistation at 2500-3000 revs but that this will overwrite the RICA software.

Can you do this update or what should he do as he obviously doesnt want to have this done and then have to start from scratch with you?

Pretty sure I can get him down to you (might even bring my 850 as well) if you can help with this.

Thanks again

Rob

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 12:59
Cheers Adam...very informative and helpful.

Last question.....

The dealer has told my dad that the car needs a software update to cure a known hesistation at 2500-3000 revs but that this will overwrite the RICA software.

Can you do this update or what should he do as he obviously doesnt want to have this done and then have to start from scratch with you?

Pretty sure I can get him down to you (might even bring my 850 as well) if you can help with this.

Thanks again

Rob

Hi Rob,

Not a problem. We can also do the update here and modify that with the RICA afterwards. Or you can have the update done by your dealer and then we can do the RICA here. Whichever option you choose, the reinstating of the RICA software is free of charge (since it's already been paid for) and will include the latest Volvo updates.

Adam.

RobA
Thursday 14th September 2006, 13:07
Hi Rob,

Not a problem. We can also do the update here and modify that with the RICA afterwards. Or you can have the update done by your dealer and then we can do the RICA here. Whichever option you choose, the reinstating of the RICA software is free of charge (since it's already been paid for) and will include the latest Volvo updates.

Adam.

Adam

You will just have made my Dad's day!

He will now think he's saving £500+ so i just need to convince him to spend that anyway on going to stage 2 :biggrin:

Thanks again

Rob

GregE102
Thursday 14th September 2006, 13:32
Hi Adam

Did you tune the space shuttle for NASA by any chance!
HeHe
Sorry could not resist, thats nice but mad power that you guy can now get out of these modern engine's.
Is there no end to your skills?
Regards
Greg

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 13:42
Hi Adam

Did you tune the space shuttle for NASA by any chance!
HeHe
Sorry could not resist, thats nice but mad power that you guy can now get out of these modern engine's.
Is there no end to your skills?
Regards
Greg

Most forced induction engines have good tuning capability because of manufacturer restrictions. I can't take the credit for the tuning of the R though. Mr RICA is responsible for that! :)

Adam.

andy l
Thursday 14th September 2006, 15:14
why did you close the other thread, what did MARC say to get all your backs up. cant he be in your gang then. it is a forum for all to use

aeroresh
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:01
It would have all made sense if Marc had put a link to his website from the start:-

http://www.europeantuning.com/

To be fair Ive found him to be very knowledeable and a top bloke.

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:19
why did you close the other thread, what did MARC say to get all your backs up. cant he be in your gang then. it is a forum for all to use

I didn't close any threads. I am not a moderator!!

Adam.

iGGy
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:19
ah interesting...shame he's not thought of doing an English version of his site.

Justin
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:28

As long as you obey the rules

Rbphot
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:51
It is interesting, as from what I can see there is a massive tuning scene in holland, so I think some of his points are valid, people shouldn't advertise a product on an open forum if the are not prepared to answer public questions.

Adam, in the past even you have admitted that the T5/R engines have a limit before you have to do some serious engine rebuilding.

when will people learn there is only so much we can do to our cars to increase the performance, and even then we are only going to get 300BHPish

1. Exhaust + DP + Sportcat
2. Suspension + Bushes +Strut brace
3. Big brakes
4. ECU remap , RICA/MTE/Superchip/SW Autos etc

So all this my W**ly is bigger than your is pretty pointless, as your talking a difference of 10-25BHP between most mapped cars, and it's all about how the car feels and drives to the owner in the end, if you have 4-5K to waste getting an extra 50-90 claimed BHP from a volvo, spend it on a proper 500BHP car, Skyline or similar because in the end your volvo will never be in the same league....

andy l
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:56
so what did he do then,

Justin
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:59
It has nothing to do with you at all andy, he broke the ruless twice, was warned and then continued, simple. Get back on topic.

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 17:00
It is interesting, as from what I can see there is a massive tuning scene in holland, so I think some of his points are valid, people shouldn't advertise a product on an open forum if the are not prepared to answer public questions.

Adam, in the past even you have admitted that the T5/R engines have a limit before you have to do some serious engine rebuilding.

when will people learn there is only so much we can do to our cars to increase the performance, and even then we are only going to get 300BHPish

1. Exhaust + DP + Sportcat
2. Suspension + Bushes +Strut brace
3. Big brakes
4. ECU remap , RICA/MTE/Superchip/SW Autos etc

So all this my W**ly is bigger than your is pretty pointless, as your talking a difference of 10-25BHP between most mapped cars, and it's all about how the car feels and drives to the owner in the end, if you have 4-5K to waste getting an extra 50-90 claimed BHP from a volvo, spend it on a proper 500BHP car, Skyline or similar because in the end your volvo will never be in the same league....

Can I just ask what this has to do with this thread about the Stages 1, 2 and 3 for the S60R? If you read my first and second post in this thread, you will see precisely what I'm promoting. Nothing more, nothing less.

Adam.

Justin
Thursday 14th September 2006, 17:06
Right, I've had enough of this ****.

All of you read the forum rules please so as there can be no exceptions.

They are here:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t1-volvo-performance-club-forum-policy.html

I work my ass off trying to bring you the best available info, discounts etc and a great place to be and all you do is question. This thread is locked and i may well take the forum down tonight. If you want to behave in this manner go to the "other site" that does it so well.