PDA

View Full Version : New S60R and V70R Upgrades

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 02:48
Hi all,

For those of you who own an S60R or V70R (2003 or later) then we have some new upgrades available. As well as our existing 340 bhp and 360 bhp stage 1 and 2, we also have stage 3 and 4 which are 420 bhp and 450+ bhp.

Check out the details on our web site http://www.volvotuninguk.com under the Engine Tuning section.

The best bit about upgrading these cars is that you don't need to rebuild the engine internals for big power, and you don't need to upgrade the brakes and suspension because Volvo kindly did all this for you at the factory! And with the 4WD system you can get a decent launch without spinning the wheels, so you can actually use all the power and torque available. :)

Adam.

ps. Edited because originally when I wrote this at 3am I put 500 bhp when I should have put "up to 500 bhp". In reality, there is no point in putting a ceiling on stage 4 as the power ultimately depends on how much you want to spend. 450 bhp is the target starting point for stage 4.

Murphy
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:00
Take it you don't sleep then Adam?

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:03
Take it you don't sleep then Adam?

Not unless I have to!!! :)

SaffronC70
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:27
500bhp on standard engine internals ?! blimey !

Can't wait to see someone go for that !

Will the Haldex system cope with the power well ?

Chris

macV70R
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:34
Adam,

how much are the stage 3 and 4?

Thanks,

Mac

Andrew
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:35
Dare I ask how much each of these costs Adam ?

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:39
500bhp on standard engine internals ?! blimey !

Can't wait to see someone go for that !

Will the Haldex system cope with the power well ?

Chris

Depends on how much you abuse it I guess! Besides, 420 bhp is probably fast enough for most people. Stage 2 and 3 are the recommended ones to keep things sensible, safe and reliable.

Adam.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:41
Adam,

how much are the stage 3 and 4?

Thanks,

Mac

Approx between £4500 - £5500 respectively, although stage 4 may require a fair bit more for maximum reliability. Stage 3 is actually good value for the power you get!

Adam.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 09:42
Dare I ask how much each of these costs Adam ?

have a look at the site - stages 1 and 2 list the prices.

Adam.

tangomike24
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 10:45
Does the stage 4 for the V70 come with a spatula to remove the family dog from the rear window.

SaffronC70
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 10:49
Where is the demo car based :) I wanna drive !

tangomike24
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 10:55

and me please!!!!!

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 11:36

Holland.

Adam.

tangomike24
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 11:38
Bugger!!!!!!!!!!

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 11:39
The UK customers won't be too happy to lend their cars for a test drive either!!!

Adam.

macV70R
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 12:02
Adam,

what can the t5 (phase 2) go to then (safely) without engine mods.

Is there 4 stages for that?

Mac

RobA
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 15:49
Adam

Your website states that in Stage 3 and 4 an ITG filter is used.

Do you use a modified airbox as I understood that ITG dont yet do a filter for the P2 R's (suppose they made do by now?)

Also, what cat back do you use - Miltek?

Cheers

Rob

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 15:59
Adam

Your website states that in Stage 3 and 4 an ITG filter is used.

Do you use a modified airbox as I understood that ITG dont yet do a filter for the P2 R's (suppose they made do by now?)

Also, what cat back do you use - Miltek?

Cheers

Rob

Yes they do. We have them in stock, for use with the standard airbox. However, a carbon airbox induction kit is also available if required.

Cat-back is Ferrita.

Adam.

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 21:25
Holland.

Adam.

I am from Holland, never seen this car....

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 21:33
I am from Holland, never seen this car....

Do you know every car on the dutch road?

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 21:49
Do you know every car on the dutch road?

So tell me why it isn't mentioned on www.rica.nl than? If this car excists I would also be very interested in seeing and driving it. This car was never mentioned on the Dutch Volvo forums, and we have a lot of enthusiastic Volvo- and Rica-drivers on these forums...

Justin
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 21:54
Here we go.......

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 21:58
Just curious about this mystery car.... :anmflower

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:11
Actually Marc - I'm curious about you - no introduction on the new members board?

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:13
Actually Marc - I'm curious about you - no introduction on the new members board?You are correct! I will do so immediatly.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:22
Just curious about this mystery car.... :anmflower

Who says it belongs to RICA? We have many customers with various stages of tuning in the UK, and none of them are advertised on our web site. Why? Because quite frankly most people don't actually care. Most of our customers are more interested in my D5 than in some big power S60R.

Do you really think that any tuner is going to buy a demonstrator for EVERY vehicle they tune? Are you seriously expecting a company like RICA to buy a 100s of demo cars purely for bragging rights and for the gratification of people who want to test drive them with no intention of actually tuning them? Nice idea, but I don't think so!

Adam.

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:34
Never mind... You are using the word "Bragging"... not me... I even never suggested that you where bragging? Are you than? ;-) What kind of turbo are they using on the 500hp version? Btw: are you always this friendly?

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:35
Never mind... You are using the word "Bragging"... not me... I even never suggested that you where bragging? Are you than? ;-)

No, I'm advertising various stages for S60R and V70R tuning.

Adam.

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:36
Never mind... You are using the word "Bragging"... not me... I even never suggested that you where bragging? Are you than? ;-)

We don't need to brag, our upgrades, knowledge and reputation speak for themselves.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:36
are you always this friendly?

Yes.

Adam.

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:37
No, I'm advertising various stages for S60R and V70R tuning.

Adam.

OK clear on that. But why is Rica not advertising with these Stages in Holland? I suppose there will be interest too.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:39
OK clear on that. But why is Rica not advertising with these Stages in Holland? I suppose there will be interest too.

Perhaps you should speak to RICA Holland on that matter.

x

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:40
There are many things that RICA don't advertise on their web site but they tune for us here in the UK. Likewise there are things that we don't bother advertising but they do. They did advertise the S60R stage 2 about a year ago and now it's not there anymore. I really don't know why, perhaps they are not bothered about it.

Adam.

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:41
Man... are you even open for questions? Today was the first time I heard about these stages. I am just curious... So; what turbodo they use? :confused:

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:42
Like they used to advertise the some really big porsche stuff!

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:43
Man... are you even open for questions? Today was the first time I heard about these stages. I am just curious... So; what turbodo they use? :confused:

Which turbo do you want to use? There are many turbos capable of producing 500+ bhp.

Adam.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:44
Like they used to advertise the some really big porsche stuff!

Exactly!

Adam.

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:45
We don't need to brag, our upgrades, knowledge and reputation speak for themselves.

With all your knowledge you should be able to tell me what kind of turbo they are using? Garret GT.... something?

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:47
Which turbo do you want to use? There are many turbos capable of producing 500+ bhp.

Adam.

You are selling the kit.... so I suppose you already now what turbo is in the kit? I suppose the customer can't choose... than the kitprice would differ at any sale and the software has to be different also for each car.

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:50
You are selling the kit.... so I suppose you already now what turbo is in the kit? I suppose the customer can't choose... than the kitprice would differ at any sale and the software has to be different also for each car.

The customer can always choose. You are correct, the price would therefore differ and the software is different for each car, hence why we state it is a custom remap on the rolling road.

Adam.

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:51
Does is matter what turbo we are using - you don't even own an S60R

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:52
OK, we will keep the discussion alive tomorow, time for bed overhere :santawave

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:53
Night night!

M a r c
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:53
Does is matter what turbo we are using - you don't even own an S60R

Correct, my cars are faster <lol>

Nathlm
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 22:55
Well there you go - sleep well and no doubt talk tomorrow and dreammmmm on LOL

T5ER
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 23:03
Anymore??? LOL sorry was pmsl my bad :troutslap

Tomcat
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 23:09
E...where the hell did all that come from????,Lol

volvotuning
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 23:12
E...where the hell did all that come from????,Lol

I asked myself the same question, hence why I have started another thread.

Adam.

LeeT5
Thursday 14th September 2006, 02:24
Well there you go - sleep well and no doubt talk tomorrow and dreammmmm on LOL

SOOOOO defensive..LOL.:biggrin:

With all due respect that was a complete waste of time. He could have had all his Qs answered if he'd just spoken to the horses mouth. Nevermind eh!!

M a r c
Thursday 14th September 2006, 07:24
Goodmorning! Had a good laugh? Well I did for sure if somebody is actually believing that 500hp can be achived on stock internals.... I cannot actually understand that somebody is thinking that this is possible. For sure it's possible, but not with the equipment you are thinking of using. How about the intercooler for instance? Are you using the stock one? But it seems that you guys have a problem with handling some critical questions? I suppose any interested customer would like to know the same things.... otherwise he would be very stupid in investing so much money without the assurance of actually reaching thos powerfigures. If you are all so ignorant in believing what "Volvotuning" and "Nathlm" are telling you, while they even never put such a kit on a car and cannot even show pictures or dyno's of this so called 500hp-car, than maybe you should change the name of this forum to www.ricaforum.co.uk ?

M a r c
Thursday 14th September 2006, 07:30
SOOOOO defensive..LOL.:biggrin:

With all due respect that was a complete waste of time. He could have had all his Qs answered if he'd just spoken to the horses mouth. Nevermind eh!!

You just keep drilling your airbox for real horsepower..... :saythat:

Nathlm
Thursday 14th September 2006, 07:50
MARC - Its the aggressive approach from a new member that puts my back up, not the questions. What is it with MTE users that make them so bitter? We do not suffer from this intollerance that seems to be inflicted by some of our competitors.

By the way, if you speak to us directly, you may find that do know our stuff and are actually quite nice people!

Nat

SaffronC70
Thursday 14th September 2006, 07:52
There are some valid points made by Marc, hence my earlier questions about the demo car.

Chris; bitter MTE user hehe

Nathlm
Thursday 14th September 2006, 07:53
Chris hon, you excluded (kiss)

Yes may be some valid points/questions but in an aggressive way!

volvotuning
Thursday 14th September 2006, 09:05
I think this thread is a little pointless now! lol :)

I have started a new thread on the same subject. If anyone who owns an S60R or late V70R is interested in buying one of the upgrades, please contact us directly.

Thanks,
Adam.

Justin
Thursday 14th September 2006, 09:10
M a r c

This is your first official warning for the aggressive way in which the last 2 posts have been made. There is no need for it.

Your second warning is for the remark "ricaforum"

I think we all know where you have come from regardless of your stated intentions, Troll is a word that is used to describe this particular type of aggressive inquiry. I am locking this thread and leaving it for reading as it has been ruined. The new one started by Volvotuning will remain. If it is turned into the same nonsense the posts will be removed, a warning will be given. M a r c please be aware that one more and your out.

If i had spent millions developing a product for years, do you think i would put it on an internet forum for all of you to use free of charge and give all of the valuable info away at the drop of a hat. Grow up, this is sooooo boring!