PDA

View Full Version : Boost problem

Rnash2002
Tuesday 12th September 2006, 09:13
Right the car boost ok at about 2k and pulls well then seems to drop off a bit,then pulls again harder at about 4k is this ok or should it just pull hard from 2k,ive got a manual boost controler running around 11.5 psi but it used to do this before i installed this.

wright_t5
Tuesday 12th September 2006, 09:24
For what it's worth, I ran an MBC and it was pants... overboost, fuel cut, absolute bad news, had to wind it down soo much to stop fuel cut that it was running lower boost than standard... I know others have run them with sucess, dont know how, but it didn't work on mine, I went for the RICA route, she now pulls ALL the way from zero to a big big smile, full boost with no let up..... thanks to VT.....

Do it.....

Rnash2002
Tuesday 12th September 2006, 10:38
For what it's worth, I ran an MBC and it was pants... overboost, fuel cut, absolute bad news, had to wind it down soo much to stop fuel cut that it was running lower boost than standard... I know others have run them with sucess, dont know how, but it didn't work on mine, I went for the RICA route, she now pulls ALL the way from zero to a big big smile, full boost with no let up..... thanks to VT.....

Do it.....
Mine seems fine at 11.5 psi,gona get a rica done once i get other stuff sorted on her,this is just a short turm thing for a little extra power.

wootty
Thursday 14th September 2006, 14:32
whats the standard boost pressure on an 855 t5r,so i know where to begin.

iGGy
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:06
From my flaky memory, 10.5PSI rings a bell.

Rnash2002
Thursday 14th September 2006, 16:22
I know mine was running around 7psi standard.