PDA

View Full Version : engine electronics lamp

nagrom
Thursday 7th September 2006, 15:36
I.m new to this so here goes.
Just bought a Saffron V70r manual,98 model, full service history, it runs great but the engine electronics lamp is on, took it to a local guy who did a diagnostics check it came back with MAF fault,ETC high input(he says this is engine temperature sensor) and turbo wastegate relay, also I had noticed in my week of ownership that at totally random times the engine would 'hiccup' almost like the ignition being turned on and off very quickly, any way after matey turned off warning lamp drove away with lamp off, after about 4/5 miles it 'hiccuped' then couple of seconds later the check engine electronics lamp came back on!
Any ideas :Handshake

kimbaleeg
Thursday 7th September 2006, 17:26
had similar on my 97 s70R but when mine hiccuped it stalled every now and then could be one ov two things air leak on the vacum hoses check elbow on left ov engine as u look from frunt its under manefold behind power sterring resivour or could be maf sensor it self cheapest to check elbow. its only about £5 from volvo. mine was maf sensor and was about £250ish from dealer easy fit though took me 10 min hope this helps sure someone else will come shortley adn poss sugestions

Al115
Thursday 7th September 2006, 18:49
ETC might be "Electronic Throttle Controller"...?

nagrom
Sunday 24th September 2006, 13:38
I've replaced the crank angle sensor, fuel pump relay and engine coolant sensor but the car still cuts out at random times, any suggestions please:confused:

Rbphot
Monday 25th September 2006, 11:58
Were in the county are you based!

if you're SE try SW autos, SW=RT mechanics, Midlands=VT, I'm sure one of them will ge able to check it over for you.

kimbaleeg
Monday 25th September 2006, 16:40
I've replaced the crank angle sensor, fuel pump relay and engine coolant sensor but the car still cuts out at random times, any suggestions please:confused:

still sounds like maf sensor to me

nagrom
Monday 25th September 2006, 18:34
still sounds like maf sensor to me

I.ve just swapped the igniter and coil to try that (I've also got a LPG powered 850 estate as my 'van') so useful for swapping common bits to try.

By the way I'm based in Cornwall:) :)

nagrom
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 20:39
Igniter and coil made no difference! So I've ordered an OBD2 interface and software (pays for itself and more convenient than lots of visits to local workshop)keep watching this space for the next exciting episode:worried: