PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear!!!............

Niles
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 20:12
My 850 t5 heater matrix exploded. Lost all the water, engine temperature needle didnt move so on I drove. Oil light started flashing. EEEEEEEKKK! piulled over, car overheated, let it cool & span it over. NO dodgy noises, it wouldnt start. I'll have to bypass the heater matrix & HOPE HOPE HOPE all things mechanical are ok.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 21:04
I thought the oil light only went on when the oil level was too low? You learn something new every day. If your unlucky you might have damaged the headgasket, if your really unlucky then you might have warped the head.

volvotuning
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 21:05
I thought the oil light only went on when the oil level was too low? You learn something new every day. If your unlucky you might have damaged the headgasket, if your really unlucky then you might have warped the head.

Oil light also goes on for low oil pressure.

Adam.

mazza
Thursday 7th September 2006, 18:07
i have heard about this alot with the temp gauge staying the same but your engine is just about to go into melt down!!!is there another way of getting a temp signal thats gonna be right????

Niles
Thursday 7th September 2006, 22:03
after letting the car cool down all night, I went and had a go. Bypassed the heater matrix, checked the oil,ok, added water. Start up time. CHUG CHUG CHUG 4 cylinders. Very odd putt putt putt noise, checked the enigine & NO WATER!! ITS Pi**ing out of the bottom! no choice but to drive it home (only 1.5 miles). Start up & away..... turbos smoking like an entire troop of troopers!! knocking from everywhere & no 'GO' in it. Conclusion.......... Its dead. I had the engine changed in febuary & im NOT doing it again. NEW 855 T5 required!!!!! Im going to nick the exhaust, lowering springs etc off it before it go's to the scrappy. GUTTED!!!!!!!

dicky b t5
Thursday 7th September 2006, 22:11
Big shame Niles....Strip it and get as much money as you can for the parts,

Really is all you can do.....apart from putting another lump in...!

thunderace
Thursday 7th September 2006, 22:15
tough one Niles

agree with Dicky - get as much back as you can

take a look on ebay - you can get a lot for odds and sods

mazza
Thursday 7th September 2006, 22:15
ooohhhh noooo, thats really bad.....sorry to here it matey,hope you get things sorted real soon!!!

Niles
Saturday 9th September 2006, 11:15
Head gaskets gone. Dunnno if its worth changing. Cant say I feel it is.

thunderace
Saturday 9th September 2006, 12:31
no damage other than that?
not warped the head?
if not, get the gasket done and you've got your car back - simple (well you know what i mean )

how much for the work? £150 max?

BlackBeast
Saturday 9th September 2006, 12:37
Always take the head to a machinists to get checked if its level or not!!!!!!!!!