PDA

View Full Version : Bsr Ppc Stage 1 Plug In Ecu Upgrade

amphead123
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 14:55
Hello to everyone!

Have just been looking on the Partsforvolvos online store and like the look of the BBS PPC plug in ecu upgrade. It sounds as though you can select various upgrades at the touch of a button whilst sitting in the car and can also reprogram back to standard if required. Its supposed to boost power on a 98 v70 t5 from 240 to 299bhp.

This sounds too good to be true; so has anyone tried this or know any pros or cons of the system???

Cheers............................................ ..............................................

volvotuning
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:00
Hello to everyone!

Have just been looking on the Partsforvolvos online store and like the look of the BBS PPC plug in ecu upgrade. It sounds as though you can select various upgrades at the touch of a button whilst sitting in the car and can also reprogram back to standard if required. Its supposed to boost power on a 98 v70 t5 from 240 to 299bhp.

This sounds too good to be true; so has anyone tried this or know any pros or cons of the system???

Cheers............................................ ..............................................

Check if you have a late 1998 model with electronic throttle. If you have the early 98 model with cable throttle then you can't use the PPC. If you are not sure -

blue badge on front grille = electronic throttle (PPC is OK)
black badge on front grille = cable throttle (No PPC)

Adam.

amphead123
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:02
Yeah Adam its a late one. Have you any experience with these box of tricks?

Cheers

volvotuning
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:05
Yep. For the ultimate in DIY tuning convenience, you can't beat it!

Adam.

amphead123
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:10
Ive been told that a lot of the ecu mods out there either dont affect or actually increase mpg; what do you think this one will do????

Cheers

volvotuning
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:19
Ive been told that a lot of the ecu mods out there either dont affect or actually increase mpg; what do you think this one will do????

Cheers

I would expect so, but don't have enough data to give you exact figures.

Adam.

amphead123
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:37
Cheers Adam, thanks for the info

simonc
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 16:13
I'm also interested in this & just had a read through on the PFV site, stage 1 would be fine for me as my car is still in warranty & do not want to start modding it.

Would like to hear from anyone who has tried this conversion out aswell

Cheers Simon.

adriancole
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 16:27
Me, I have it!!! :)

I have an auto ME9??7? T5, just had the BSR PPC thingy from SW Autos in Kent and boy does the car now fly......

Initial pickup from straight off the line is transformed, really pulls strongly now from low revs from standstill, one of the weak points on the standard Auto T5, and at higher speeds pickup is instant, with the engine really pulling strongly at any speed.

The engine now revs freeer too with a much harder edge to the exhaust note as the cars works through the gears.

Its also the ultimate when other people use the car, as I can now detune it when i want and then tune it back again.....and i think that is very handy.

One thing though, unless you follow the instructions to the letter, you have the POSSIBILITY of temporarily messing up the ecu....then you have to send ecu and the PPC thing back for resetting.....you do have to be a real numpty though not to follow the instructions......basically its make sure you dont touch the ignition on or off whilst reporgramming the car...its all in the box anyway.

I left car at SW Autos whilst the box was arriving and they checked the car once it was on to make sure all was running peachily.......

Can recomend!!!
Adrian

Andrew
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 16:31
Adrian how come you have Himanshu <sp?> for your Icon ?

abdul
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 16:46
I'm also interested in this & just had a read through on the PFV site, stage 1 would be fine for me as my car is still in warranty & do not want to start modding it.

Would like to hear from anyone who has tried this conversion out aswell

Cheers Simon.
wouldnt any mod void warranty even if it is stage 1

anogg3
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 17:15
How much was it?

simonc
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 17:34
Yes it would void warranty but the idea is that you return it to standard map everytime the car goes in to volvo , as it says it only takes 10 mins to do yourself.

Simon.

volvotuning
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 17:38
Not strictly true. It does leave it's mark even when put back to standard, but it's highly unlikely the dealer will be able to detect this. Just tell your dealer anyway. Many don't care about modified cars!

Adam.

adriancole
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 19:30
Adrian how come you have Himanshu <sp?> for your Icon ?
Was feeling like a change, its Hanuman due to the tatoo on his chest... or is that Humanshu as well??

Anyway feeling like he needed to be in my life for the mo!!