PDA

View Full Version : Northern Tuner

Transient
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 09:52
To all Scottish and north England owners. I am having a great experience with Falkland performance in Glenrothes. They have been a huge support in getting the car upto speed and nothing has been too much trouble. They don't do mapping but they are a Superchip dealer with a 500 bhp dyno.

They race touring cars in the scottish and uk championships so they definitly know how to tune a car!!!!

You can find their website www.falkland.co.uk or www.scotland.superchips.co.uk.

They have a definite no bul**** attitude!!!

Andrew
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 09:57
Good to hear although I would advise all to stay away from superchips. Mine had the car running lean for a fair while - all sorts could of happened - thankfully sorted it out and removed the chip before anything did

Transient
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 10:06
I havent gone down the superchip route. I have bought a programmer and am re-mapping the chip on their dyno

fraz13
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 16:11
And VT have just opened up a new place in Scotland as well which it ACE news for us :D

Jaseb77
Thursday 7th September 2006, 08:56
Fraz, do you know what services they are going to offer at the VT installatio n centre in Lesmahagow ?

volvotuning
Thursday 7th September 2006, 10:02
Fraz, do you know what services they are going to offer at the VT installatio n centre in Lesmahagow ?

They are Chip Tuning Scotland, not VT cos that's us in Bromsgrove! :)

Adam.

volvotuning
Thursday 7th September 2006, 10:12
To all Scottish and north England owners. I am having a great experience with Falkland performance in Glenrothes. They have been a huge support in getting the car upto speed and nothing has been too much trouble. They don't do mapping but they are a Superchip dealer with a 500 bhp dyno.

They race touring cars in the scottish and uk championships so they definitly know how to tune a car!!!!

You can find their website www.falkland.co.uk or www.scotland.superchips.co.uk.

They have a definite no bul**** attitude!!!

Just a technical question - if the rolling road is rated at 500 bhp, how did you manage to get 540 whp on it? I don't doubt you did - just curious how.

Adam.

Transient
Thursday 7th September 2006, 10:19
Just a technical question - if the rolling road is rated at 500 bhp, how did you manage to get 540 whp on it? I don't doubt you did - just curious how.

Adam.

The car was taken to Knockhill race circuit 18 miles away where they have access to a dyno and it can read upto 1000 whp.

volvotuning
Thursday 7th September 2006, 10:23
The car was taken to Knockhill race circuit 18 miles away where they have access to a dyno and it can read upto 1000 whp.

Is that the dyno you mapped it on and not the superchips one?

Adam.

Transient
Thursday 7th September 2006, 10:29
I didn't do the mapping but yes

Transient
Thursday 7th September 2006, 10:34
There are loads of problems with it at the moment and I don't want to run the car at that level as it's life expectancy will be awful. I am waiting for it to be mapped to around 350 whp as it will be much more driveable. The guy who did the mapping was not the best but I am talking to someone in france who is going to be in scotland in a week who is willing to help me get a good map setup.