PDA

View Full Version : Piccys of my engine

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 22:38
Nothing more I like than to look at different piccys of engines on different forums - sad, but true...

So here's 2 piccys of my engine - the first one is when I had just purchased the car less than two weeks ago. The second piccy was taken after much elbow grease and numerous rags and old t-shirts had been applied.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Dacvolvo/C70/Enginebefore.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Dacvolvo/C70/Engineafter.jpg

Well on the way to getting her ship shape ;)

arbee
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 22:46
looks great! mine still looks like the top pic!

T5ER
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 23:14
looks great! mine still looks like the top pic!
LOL mine is getting more like the bottom pic just fuel rail cover,inlet manifold and cam cover to clean up

siamblue
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 00:38
mine too was bad when i first got her, but a lot better now :)

abdul
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 08:09
looks nice

thunderace
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 08:38
mine's just like the 2nd picture, except just got the plastics, engine, servo and all metalwork to clean up lol

looking good Dac

richeeroo
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 08:39
Dac, looking goood ! What did you use to get it looking so smart and did you take out individual items to clean them, expansion tank, battery etc ?

fraz13
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 16:14
Can tell it used to belong to a mechanic lol

Good to see it gettin looked after now ;)

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 17:33
Cheers for the kind words, folks ;)

c70mel
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 19:50
Cheers for the kind words, folks ;)

Tell us how u did it then?? :)

Im hopefully picking my first ever T5 soon and it needs a good engine clean!! Ive heard u can get this black paint stuff from Halfords for all the black plastic bits. What did u use on all the manifolds, plastic bits etc?

Looking very nice btw!!

2Fast
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 20:10
Luckily when i bought mine it was more towards the second pic, all it needs is an hour or so to get it looking mint :)

Adge
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 20:11
Did you get the missus to do it then?

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 21:08
Tell us how u did it then??
For some reason, this forum won't allow me to post a link...

Goto my site by clicking on my signature below and click on the "S70" page.

Then scroll down to the bottom and there's a piccy of a Volvo 70 series chasis. Click on the piccy and then look for the bit that says "Engine - Cleaning/buffing/painting".

That's how I done it ;)

indy
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 21:18
dac, stunning after pic :eye-poppi

i havent got a before picture, but this was my V70R how it was when i sold it :rolling_e

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/indycos/RSOC%20-%20Signatures/DSC00851.jpg

amazing what a bit of scrubbing can do!!! :)

Tosh
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:12
I really must get a strut bar organised! Looks good - I personaly like a clean engine! ooer!

c70mel
Thursday 9th November 2006, 12:40
For some reason, this forum won't allow me to post a link...

Goto my site by clicking on my signature below and click on the "S70" page.

Then scroll down to the bottom and there's a piccy of a Volvo 70 series chasis. Click on the piccy and then look for the bit that says "Engine - Cleaning/buffing/painting".

That's how I done it ;)

Great info! will be following that shortly! When I bought my current car all the black plastic bits in the engine were as new looking. Im sure they mentioned they use WD40 for the plastic bits to get them looking like new... or is it just best to use some washing up liquid or something. I haven't got much time to be painting all the bits at the mo.

cegc70t
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:36
need to get a cloth out now to compete lol.

and looking to purchase the strut brace!!!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/muuhhthepie/IMAG0032-1.jpg

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:42
Looks good mate well worth the effort!I cheated and got waxworks to give me a hand wiith mine!Looks a little different now with a few of wootys shiny bits in there as well but i dont have piccys yet.