PDA

View Full Version : MOT failure

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 12:58
Oh no. My car has failed the MOT. New rear discs and pads required - they are quoting me £134 all in fitted. I have requested a price for brembo brakes and ferodo DS2500 pads. How much do you think they will be over standard non OEM stuff?

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:01
Just got a call back. £154 all in but textar? pads instead of ferodo.

I have said yes anyway, kind of need a MOT.

BlackBeast
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:06
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6791

Have a look at that thread.

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:09
Thanks for that. Is that cost in pairs?

BlackBeast
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:12
Thanks for that. Is that cost in pairs?

Good question, just looked at the GSF website, pads are a set, discs are priced as each.

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:15
Good question, just looked at the GSF website, pads are a set, discs are priced as each.
:Handshake cheers :)

BTW, i think you need a reszied version of that picture of you and that lovely lady from Trax as your sig!

iGGy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:15
Just a note about the Textar pads, I fitted some to the rear of mine and shortly afterwards it started vibrating the whole rear end under even moderate braking. I went back to the Volvo pads and it stopped doing it.

At the time I wasn't impressed that such a little thing could cause the car to go pretty much ape with vibrations and shaking.

BlackBeast
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 13:20
:Handshake cheers :)

BTW, i think you need a reszied version of that picture of you and that lovely lady from Trax as your sig!

Murphy, I like your thinking mate :anmflower

siamblue
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 14:00
Oh no. My car has failed the MOT. New rear discs and pads required - they are quoting me £134 all in fitted. I have requested a price for brembo brakes and ferodo DS2500 pads. How much do you think they will be over standard non OEM stuff?

On your insurance quite a bit i would say, unless like many you stay quiet :cuckoo:

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 14:03
On your insurance quite a bit i would say, unless like many you stay quiet :cuckoo:

what?

siamblue
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 14:12
DS2500 would be classed as a modification, as they are track pads, Insurance companies will find any way to wiggle out of not paying out if something happens and you have to make a claim,

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 14:15
oh right.

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 16:25
Passed now :)

need some front lights soon though :(

arbee
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 16:33
you should go back to the supplier of said car.... tsk lol :)

volvotuning
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 17:08
DS2500 would be classed as a modification, as they are track pads, Insurance companies will find any way to wiggle out of not paying out if something happens and you have to make a claim,

Not entirely true. It depends on what car they are going on.

Adam.

lance
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 17:12
My previous insurance company wasnt bothered , anything that improves stopping is a good thing.
Most insurers want to hear you have improved brakes particularly if you have improved power.

Murphy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 17:17
you should go back to the supplier of said car.... tsk lol :)

lol - i knew it needed a MOT and i was told the brakes were about due, so no real shock ;)