PDA

View Full Version : the wierdest thing !!!!

t5tart
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 11:06
pre trax i had a noisy lifter used to rattle if you held the revs at 2.5-3k

now after a damn good thrashing on the track
the lifter noise has stopped
anyone got anyideas why this has happened??
blocked oil channel maybe and the extra pressure on track has cleared it??

any ideas appreciated but needless to say im a happy bunny
but the head stil has to come off for the oil seals

Bigtony
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 18:28
Hi Mate

Could it just be carbon build up onthe head? could be anything realy but sound like you gave it a got thrashing and cleared it up! LOL

How did it go at trax?

Andrew
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 18:35
Hi Mate

Could it just be carbon build up onthe head? could be anything realy but sound like you gave it a got thrashing and cleared it up! LOL

Or broke something :P

pault5
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 18:44
hi,
my lifters get a bit noisy now and again and you are correct, a damn good thrashing does quieten them down, possibly due to the oil getting up top and into the lifters.
my missus drives the car mostly during the week for a very short journey in traffic and i think the oil doesn't get to the lifters.
there is a theory on volvospeed that the oil pick up o seals leak hence not enough oil circulates to the lifters.
paul

t5tart
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 20:16
Hi Mate

How did it go at trax?

well i loved it the car seems to have too
so what more can you ask for

t5tart
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 20:17
Or broke something :P

if something broke then it can stay broke she purring like a kitten

t5tart
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 20:19
hi,
my lifters get a bit noisy now and again and you are correct, a damn good thrashing does quieten them down, possibly due to the oil getting up top and into the lifters.
my missus drives the car mostly during the week for a very short journey in traffic and i think the oil doesn't get to the lifters.
there is a theory on volvospeed that the oil pick up o seals leak hence not enough oil circulates to the lifters.
paul

yer i heard that one too
but oild pressure seems fine
infact so fine it started blowing oil out the filler cap on the track and it hasnt done that b4 lol