PDA

View Full Version : engine fault codes

fireplums
Monday 25th October 2004, 13:57
I'm becoming a serial poster... wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem as every time I so much as look at the Volvo garage it costs an arm and a leg.

The engine management light came on a week or so ago got it read at volvo and heres what came back:

5.3.5 AND 2.1.2
they checked through both circuits cleaned connections to front lambda sensor and turbo control valve, erased codes and road tested.
lambda light came back on today so looks like further investigation is necessary ............ any ideas.

that cost me £51.78 :eek:

bobcat
Thursday 28th October 2004, 13:01
Hi fireplums,

Thats an easy one!

the code 4-3-5 and 2-1-2 mean you have a wornout\faulty o2 sensor. The car just needs a new one thats all.

what car do you have? bit of a cheek that they charged you nearly what i paid for an o2 sensor! :eek:

very easy to change yourself, just done mine. heres my writeup:

http://www.volvo-t5.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1045

bobcat.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th October 2004, 14:20
Matt - sneaking in under the radar?

:welcome:

Justin
Thursday 28th October 2004, 16:21
As usual!!!!

fireplums
Friday 29th October 2004, 10:12
cheers bobcat
will check that link now nice one

this site is the dogs!!!! :thewave:

fireplums
Friday 29th October 2004, 10:17
Hi fireplums,

Thats an easy one!

the code 4-3-5 and 2-1-2 mean you have a wornout\faulty o2 sensor. The car just needs a new one thats all.

what car do you have? bit of a cheek that they charged you nearly what i paid for an o2 sensor! :eek:

very easy to change yourself, just done mine. heres my writeup:

http://www.volvo-t5.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1045

bobcat.

just noticed you said codes 4-3-5 and 2-1-2

the code they read was 5-3-5 and 2-1-2

does that make a difference or was it just my sausage finger? think i'll go check the readout again:wink:

bobcat
Friday 29th October 2004, 11:21
just noticed you said codes 4-3-5 and 2-1-2

the code they read was 5-3-5 and 2-1-2

does that make a difference or was it just my sausage finger? think i'll go check the readout again:wink:

its definately 4-3-5 as 5-3-5 dosent exist and the 4-3-5 code is a very common code.

I only had the 4-3-5 code but as the o2 wear even further then the 2-1-2 code will also appear to let you know that is getting worse.

a 4-3-5 on its own justs mean the o2 sensor gives a slow response now and then.

Bobcat.

fireplums
Friday 29th October 2004, 11:31
cheers
checked the "readout" it is just a typed invoice so it appears the muppet at the garage typed it wrong.

checked the link out ... how are you resetting the fault codes there, is that a home made plug in device?