PDA

View Full Version : boot struts how hard to replace

kimbaleeg
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:30
hello as above any ideas how easy hard to replace my boot wont stay up getting struts from europarts tomorrow will be try to do then on sunday has anyone done before. checked haynes manuall and it says you have to take parcell shelf out seems abit extream to me any help greatfulley recieved thanks in advance :worried:

t5owner
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 10:26
hello as above any ideas how easy hard to replace my boot wont stay up getting struts from europarts tomorrow will be try to do then on sunday has anyone done before. checked haynes manuall and it says you have to take parcell shelf out seems abit extream to me any help greatfulley recieved thanks in advance :worried:

Hi mate already done this on my saloon

Link to the thread http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t5754-s70-boot-struts-possibly-850-as-well.html

Its not that hard although i would get some volvo struts as the aftermarket one`s don`t seem to be upto the job as i found out when i used a set of aftermarket ones also make sure you get the "with spoiler" ones if youv`e got a boot spoiler

Cheers

stuart

kimbaleeg
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 19:10
thanks for reply mate sounds easy lol, went to europarts to collect said struts and they havent arrived yet. ill give them till friday then order from volvo aint got much cas at the mo so really need europarts to come throught there only £44 there for 2 where volvo quoted £75 ish thanks again mate :)

t5owner
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 12:40
thanks for reply mate sounds easy lol, went to europarts to collect said struts and they havent arrived yet. ill give them till friday then order from volvo aint got much cas at the mo so really need europarts to come throught there only £44 there for 2 where volvo quoted £75 ish thanks again mate :)

Yep i know the aftermarket ones are cheaper as i bought a set first fitted them and 3 months later both had failed so went for the proper volvo ones second time around and they are still working faultlessly

Cheers

stuart

kimbaleeg
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 17:24
hi mate europarts have let me down cant get them so have ordered from dealer coming tomorrow will fit on saturday thanks again for the distructions

kimbaleeg
Thursday 7th September 2006, 11:31
hello just fixed these thanks again very easy job and i wont hit my head any more lol:biggrin: :Handshake

t5owner
Thursday 7th September 2006, 12:38
hello just fixed these thanks again very easy job and i wont hit my head any more lol:biggrin: :Handshake

Your welcome mate

Cheers

stuart