PDA

View Full Version : ride height

flying brick
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:26
just fitted bilstine shocks all round the front of my 850 t5 saloon used to sit low ie the tyres were about 15mm under the wheel arch with the new struts it has lifted the front end up so it matched the clearance at the back now i have done the back its sitting 15mm under the wheel arch and the front looks high so the question is when you look at your car side on is the clearance of the tyres to the wheel arches the same on the front as the back or what could be wrong.............john

thunderace
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:32
got any pics John??

flying brick
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:47
not too clever in that department i will get a pal to post a photo on site

iGGy
Monday 4th September 2006, 21:04
That seems quite a change and also 15MM under the arch line is low on these cars.

The new struts, gas filled ones, can have a lifting effect, but the car is supposed to be sitting on the springs and not the uplift from the damper rod. Are you sure the spring was seated properly in the strut?

flying brick
Monday 4th September 2006, 21:43
yes the front struts were done in a volvo garage, was just talking to my pal about the back end when i fitted the rear shocks i tightened the centre bolt right up until it was tight, is that right it did not say anything in the manual about how tight, this could be why its sitting so low .