PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Valve Help

wootty
Monday 4th September 2006, 16:32
have received a bailey dump valve fitting kit for a bailey atmo piston dump valve and the alloy t-piece they have sent me is for a 2" o/d hose,they say to get it as close to the throttle body as poss from the intercooler.problem is all my hoses and plastic pipe is for a 57mm hose,the thing flops around like a ***** in a bucket.phoned bailey and its the kit theyve always supplied???????.i said to him this WILL NEVER FIT MY CAR WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO GO.has anyone else had this aggro.or am i a dick for getting the wrong hose.i can only see one coming from the intercooler to the throttle body?????.
have enclosed pics.

SaffronC70
Monday 4th September 2006, 17:20
Normally, the DV goes at the top of the intercooler, spliced into the rubber pipe on the outlet.

hth

Chris

iGGy
Monday 4th September 2006, 17:26
See all the hassle you're getting just for a psssshhhhht noise?

Most of the one's I've seen fitted have all had custom pipe work done or very badly bodged fitment to the plastic pipe in some fashion.

Justin
Monday 4th September 2006, 17:26
Chris is right, it goes in the flexible rubber pipe not the rigid one, nearer the intercooler :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/gallery/albums/My%20EX%20PLOD%20S70T5/normal_Picture%20014.jpg

Dan850r
Monday 4th September 2006, 17:59
what i did was take the hard plastic pipe off the car and cut it in the middle, put a clip on each part of the pipe then put it in really hot water for a few minutes to soften it, then push the t piece on, you get a really good seal but be warned its pretty hard to get off again.

wootty
Monday 4th September 2006, 18:02
thanks guys.i needed an inspiration as it was doing my head in.in that case ill make my own bling/samco hose joiners with proper 2.250" hose.
your right it is a lot of aggro but if i want the car how i want it then so be it.this is nothing what ive done to many mondeos and cossies.

SaffronC70
Monday 4th September 2006, 18:07
Dan's idea sounds quite smart.

Chris

JUDGENINJA
Monday 4th September 2006, 18:37
Yep mine fitted into the rigid part too, but mines slack and I've had to tighten the jubilee clips to the max to get a seal... bring on the new SAMCO hoses that i've just ordered...

wootty
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:52
yeah,no i know why n where i can come up with a few ways of doing it.ill post up when its all done with piccies.:shy:

wootty
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 16:53
Chris is right, it goes in the flexible rubber pipe not the rigid one, nearer the intercooler :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/gallery/albums/My%20EX%20PLOD%20S70T5/normal_Picture%20014.jpg
ive fitted it all incl blanking plate.ive used the original dump valve vacuum to inlet manifold line.is this right.