PDA

View Full Version : alloys what fits?

beemerboy
Monday 4th September 2006, 11:30
hi everyone looking for some advice on alloys, i've got a v70 estate w reg ( the old model) and want to fit decent alloys maybe 17" what tyre combinations will fit? i don't want any lower than 45 aspect as it's too harsh for me i just want the car to look decent as the originals are pretty dire 15" jobs. if i have to go for 16" because of the limited space under the arches so be it. where would i get alloys with a budget of 500quid. does anyone know if any other 5 stud wheels are compatible say vauxhall or audi 5 stud as i'd then have a bit more scope maybe trawl through the ebay ads any advice for this volvo virgin!!

thunderace
Monday 4th September 2006, 12:21
5 x 108 with a 35-38mm offset is ideal (65.1mm bore)

you can run 17's 18's and bigger with the right tyres

eg 17's with 205/45

i've got an 850 with 225/45x17 on tethys (volvo s60 wheels) with no problems

there have been many such questions on the site, try the search function at the top and you will see.... :)

jim
Monday 4th September 2006, 13:17
hi m8,

asked the same thing myself a few months ago and didn't look like a lot else lined up. you need 5 x108 i think. 16 and 17's will fit ok as these were std sizes, 18's will be fine and a few on here have them. If your going for 18's check the threads for advice on tyres etc as tramlining an issue and check them with the suspension set up your using.

Loads for sale in the for sale section or post a wanted ad and you'll get a response from someone.
________
Chrysler tevan history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_TEVan)