PDA

View Full Version : Closed loop fueling

TwistedSanity
Monday 4th September 2006, 09:47
Hi Guys, ive built me a little oxy-hydro electrolosis machine to go under the bonnet of the monster, i know people who are getting amazing results with these gadgets but the T5 is having none of it, no difference at all despite adding just under a litre of hydrogen/oxygen mix per minuite, my theory is that the lambda sensor is just compensating for this and adding the extra fuel to balance the extra O2 in the exhaust, It appears that efficient combustion isnt a volvo ecu priority, in the lower rev range(below 3k) does it rely on the lambda sensor to controll fuelling? If so ill build something to fool the lambda into not seeing the extra oxygen on the way out and hopefully get some results, i know many people think theese are gimmicks but i have recently seen a ford KA doing 83mpg and a 450,000 mile tdi passat purring like a kitten and giving virtually zero emmisions with these units fitted, Any words of wisdom from the Volvo Educated?

JUDGENINJA
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:25
If you get yours working I want one making. Hane you got any links to any information on this I'd be quite interested in the bakground......even if I didn't understand what you going on about..!!!!

thunderace
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:27
this is an advert
http://www.savefuel.ca/oxy-hydrogen/
but this has a link to make your own
http://waterpoweredcar.com/hydrobooster.html

Baj
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:44
I too am intregued

volvotuning
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:06
Part throttle or full throttle?

Adam.

Engineer
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:08
It's not real Hydrogen lol so don't blow yourselfs up :sorry:

http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/hydrogen1.html

TwistedSanity
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 07:11
hi guys, thanks for the replies, there are hundreds of designs on the net, and virtually zero emissions are possible as ive seen it, the unit makes no visible difference to the car when it is turned on, despite adding approx 1liter per minuite of hydrogen/oxygen, if the ecu wasnt compensating id expect to see some difference in tickover/performance, even a cough or splutter,pop or stall, its at part throttle i need it to work most, i want our childrens children to at least have a chance of cleaner air, i know its possible now as well but dont want to sell my T5, a friend of mine has got a 4 stroke lawnmower engine running purely from the resulting hydrogen/oxygen mix(though i havent witnessed it yet), It makes bio-diesel and lpg look like a money making exercise for the oil companies again(theres a surprise) what triggers the ecu to leave closed loop and use the map? If i fitted a megasquirt would i loose the closed loop and be on a map all the time? Any help is appreciated, thanks
paul

BrightonBreezy
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 15:01
It sounds fascinating if you can get it to work. Basically, it's free power.

For the T5, I think you'll need to have a good chat with someone who really knows how to program the ECU to work with the mix.
Try Adam @ VT, just recently he famously said that if it's got 5 cyclinders, 5 sparkplugs, 5 injectors & 1 turbo, he can program the ECU.

TwistedSanity
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 18:45
i know the unit works, it just doesnt agree with my T5's ecu programming, i dont think efficient combustion featured highly in volvos design protocols, The energy is not strictly free as your using 15A DC to power the electrolosys machine, but it is energy your making already and not using so its more recycled energy than free, if i ever achieve free energy or perpetual motion i expect my existance to be terminated immediatly by one of the big oil companies:rice:

NugentS
Thursday 7th September 2006, 13:48
My understanding is that up to a certain rev value the car runs closed loop, from then on its open loop...

The car will compensate for more fuel / oxygen up to a certain point, but beyond that it just swicthes on the lambda light and if very bad will go to limp mode...

Sean

TwistedSanity
Thursday 7th September 2006, 17:10
the boost has been raised on mine by winding in the actuator i think, i recon the lambda sensor is just overcompensating for the extra o2 in the exhaust by adding more fuel, at what point does it switch from closed loop to a map?

frodge
Monday 24th November 2008, 04:02
i would also be interested to hear if you found anything out as i have built one for my t5 auto , although am putting out at least 2litres a min , although in my case i thought it did make a difference at above 2500 revs where it felt like it was running Differentalthough cant really explain why but am going to run it for a couple of days and see what my fuel consumption is like , but i suspect the it will need far more HHO injecting to make a difference.

Tomcat
Monday 24th November 2008, 07:02
Check the date of the thread.

Alan M
Monday 24th November 2008, 08:07
This is an interesting thread to resurect though TC. Anybody else had any experience with this sort of system?

LesRED850R
Monday 24th November 2008, 11:15
Most of the experts that make these sort of things work end up bought out by big MOTOR CORP .......or dead. If you look into all the schemes you will see i am correct.

frodge
Monday 24th November 2008, 21:30
well nothing good ever happened without a bit of pain and suffering and besides i dont really want to sell my car because of the fuel price , i would rather do something about it and enjoy it.
if it works its all good , if it dont i have lost a few hours of my life.