need to clean the car
and guess what its pissing down :icon_soap

T5ER
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 10:43
day b4 trax
need to blow in my wing...
need to clean the car
and guess what its pissing down :icon_soap
And more good news for you is that the bloke who works with me in here seems to have hidden you pollen filter housing and i cant bloody find it and cant contact him

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 17:42
oh my day can't ger any beter
hahahaha

dont blasme someone else
you for got to order it again
tbh its the clips im after more at the min so i can rip this tatty bumber off

hehe

pzorb
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 17:46
I just washed the car for the first time in 4 months. Not looking too hot... Damn you hose pipe ban! So park next to me at Trax you'll look brilliant :)

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 17:50
lol hehe thanks lol car is all clean and shiney
shame the paint was a shade or 2 wrong i have a bit of a shadow on the front wing now not enuff time or energy to respray it all
so the forst person to say ....oh that paint wasnt a good match has the rest of the can shoved up their rectum:biggrin:

S70T5Chris
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 18:24
I havent had chance to do anything with my car today. This crap weather has been relentless. But she's pretty clean anyway, the nice men at RT's cleaned it for me yesterday!!

I've bought a couple of bottles of Meguiars Speed Detailer. So if this friggin rain has buggered off by tomorrow, i'll give it a going over with that stuff when were there.

arbee
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 18:28
spent about 4 hours faffing around with the top engine mount - who said it was simple! - thought at one stage i wasnt gonna get it on! - Dropped a piece of the old one down the back of the engine somewhere - cant locate it and it smokes when the engine is hot!

Gave the car a quick clean but will re-do and polish etc tomorrow!

pzorb
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 18:42
Lol i am joining you in my arrghs! I just noticed noise from the power steering and can't get hold of any PS fluid. If anyone has some kicking about and can bring tomorrow I'd be very grateful!!
Plus it looks like I'm getting another ex tonight... :S

T5ER
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:17
Lol i am joining you in my arrghs! I just noticed noise from the power steering and can't get hold of any PS fluid. If anyone has some kicking about and can bring tomorrow I'd be very grateful!!
got some slick 50 power steering fluid with stop leak any good mate

T5ER
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:18
I just washed the car for the first time in 4 months. Not looking too hot... Damn you hose pipe ban! So park next to me at Trax you'll look brilliant :)
spent a hour and half after i finished work cleaning mine on the outside and doing all the exterior trims still not as good as i want it but now raining also popped to halfrauds and spent £30 on some more cleaning stuff to bring down tomorrow

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:23
spent about 4 hours faffing around with the top engine mount - who said it was simple! - thought at one stage i wasnt gonna get it on! - Dropped a piece of the old one down the back of the engine somewhere - cant locate it and it smokes when the engine is hot!

Gave the car a quick clean but will re-do and polish etc tomorrow!

glad i'm not the only one it took half a day for :mischievo

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:24

thats why i'm staying single and just havin fun :biggrin:

pzorb
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:44
got some slick 50 power steering fluid with stop leak any good mate
That would be great. Thanks Wayne.

And it looks like i've got a rattle from the left suspension not yet sure if it's front or rear.

Dumped my girlfriend, now my car dumps me. Got to laugh!

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 21:00
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/t5tart/volvo/020920062748.jpg
not a great colour match :(

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 21:01

And it looks like i've got a rattle from the left suspension not yet sure if it's front or rear.

oh balls
mind ui had a clunk from the suspension like a top moount had gone
changed the wishbones and the clunk went also

T5ER
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 21:11

No worries will dig it out my van mate

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:23
Dont worry I am bringing all my polishing gear with me. inc. PC

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:27
hehe dave gonna be in his element polishing all the ovlovs hehe

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:42
I may help and provide pointers but I doubt I will be inclined to be polishing out any of them - principally coz we will have no mains supply.

I battled all day to buy a gazebo so I could finish mine - but everywhere was sold out. So washed it in the rain and found an abandoned garage forecourt (with the roof bit still in place) and used that. Was able to glaze, seal and wax in just under 3 hours. Would have been swifter but there was no elecy.

T5ER
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:44
I battled all day to buy a gazebo so I could finish mine - but everywhere was sold out. So washed it in the rain and found an abandoned garage forecourt (with the roof bit still in place) and used that. Was able to glaze, seal and wax in just under 3 hours. Would have been swifter but there was no elecy.
LOL Dave sometimes i do worry about your car cleaning fettish mate

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:45
should have come down to me ended up in my unit in the dry with heating and power and light and coffee lol

hehe

hence i got the spraying done even if the colour is off

not th e best job but i was stressed and not alot of tim was planning to do it after vt but that ran on a bit longer than expected by 5-6 hours lol

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 00:02
I will take you up on the offer next time

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 00:04
LOL Dave sometimes i do worry about your car cleaning fettish mate

well come down tomorrow - look at the finished article and tell me it wasnt worth it